We’re looking for an experienced and proactive HR professional to lead our busy HR Business Partnering (HRBP) team.
Head of HR Business Partnering - Maternity Cover
We’re looking for an experienced and proactive HR professional to lead our busy HR Business Partnering (HRBP) team. You will be responsible for overseeing a team of HR Partnering, ER and Advisory specialists, supporting a newly created structure, developing skills and championing proactive partnering across the organisation. This role is also a member of the HR leadership team, reporting to the Institutes HR Director.
Providing expert guidance to the HRBP team and working collaboratively with the wider HR leadership team and organisational leaders you will focus on embedding the partnering model across the organisation, identifying opportunities for collaboration, delivering key HR initiatives and developing a high performing HRBP function.
Newly restructured, the HRBP team are a mix of established and new team members that are an enthusiastic and multi-skilled group providing partnering and advisory services across the whole organisation. We support all levels of leadership across multi-discipline specialisms, adapting our approach and seeking creative solutions in a proactive manner.
We’re looking for a positive and practical individual to lead the team on an interim basis; embed the new structure, supporting new team-members and guiding the team to further establish itself as a solutions-focused partner to our leaders; reviewing existing processes and protocols, developing a customer-focused output and evolving the service in line with the organisational needs.
We seek someone with a strong attention to detail, that drives high standards of performance and who can bring learnings from other organisations to evolve how we operate. As a member of the HR leadership team you will collaborate with other function heads, seeking opportunities to combine ideas, utilise specialist skills and champion a creative environment.
- Experience of working in a busy and customer-focused HR environment.
- A track-record of proactive leadership
- Excellent working knowledge of legal framework/best practice surrounding employment and experience developing solutions in line with employment law changes
- Demonstrable in-depth understanding of both the business and people requirements of transferring services including excellent demonstrable experience of managing TUPE transfers
- Skilled and confident communicator who can clearly presents ideas and solutions across all mediums – face to face, presenting to an audience, in writing
- Ability to listen, analyse and respond effectively/mediate in complex and difficult situations
- Demonstrable ability to influence and persuade others to take appropriate actions
- Good track record of managing and delivering projects
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and ability to juggle priorities
- Flexible/creative approach to problem-solving
- Resilience under pressure and hold one’s own in challenging situations
- Demonstrates inclusivity and respect for all
- Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development [CIPD] and/or equivalent
- Experience of handling employment tribunal claims
- Experience of working in an academic or research-based environment
Whilst the developments around COVID-19 continue to evolve, the Wellcome Genome Campus is closed for all but essential functions and facilities.
People remain at the centre of everything that we do and the majority of our staff are now working remotely to ensure continuity of operations, making use of remote communication and collaboration tools.
Interviews will be taking place virtually and the successful candidate should expect to be fully supported through remote on-boarding and working from home until the Campus re-opens to all staff. This approach may vary for individuals located overseas and/or where a visa is required and starting will be based on a number of factors, we will be able to provide specialist advice to those affected candidates.
The interview process will consist of a two stage interview process with first-round interviews will be held on the week commencing 24th August.
Please ensure your cover letter and CV outline how you meet the requirements of the essential knowledge skills and experience listed for the role.
Closing date: 19th August 2020
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. We undertake large-scale research that forms the foundations of knowledge in biology and medicine. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth. Find out more at www.sanger.ac.uk or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube and on our Blog.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance Cover and a Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract of 12 months or more)
- Enhanced maternity leave and parental leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme (after 6 months service)
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
We have recently been awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.