DNA Pipelines department has a central role delivering high quality data to our faculty.
Scientific Service Representative
DNA Pipelines department has a central role delivering high quality data to our faculty. As a Scientific Service Representative (SSR) your responsibilities will be:
- To provide a professional service to faculty as a single point of contact representing DNA pipelines for the duration of their scientific study.
- Working closely with other SSRs and Product Leads you will manage customer expectations and communicate issues as required around quality and timeliness of data delivery.
- Dealing with changing priorities on a daily basis will be an ongoing challenge; understanding the capacity and timeframes for delivery within each product line will be paramount.
- BSc in a biological science or equivalent experience.
- Sound understanding of the concepts and principles that underpin the science of the pipelines; clear knowledge of the product.
- Experience in maintaining and managing complex customer relationships over protracted time periods.
- Proven track record in customer facing role
- Excellent organisational and planning skills in managing competing priorities in a busy environment.
- A high level of interpersonal and communications skills.
- A collaborative nature; demonstrable experience and skills intact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations.
- Computer literate: LIMS and Microsoft Office programmes including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Closing date: 27th September, 2020
Due to Covid 19, the Wellcome Genome Campus closed for all but essential functions and facilities. As we begin restarting our science, we have implemented measures to support our staff on site including one way systems, enhanced cleaning and increased facilities for handwashing. You can learn more about our campus and our return to research here. This role will require working on site and full details of working on site can be discussed during the interview stage.
Interviews will be taking place virtually and the successful candidate should expect to be fully supported through remote on-boarding and working from home until the Campus re-opens to all staff. This approach may vary for individuals located overseas and/or where a visa is required and starting will be based on a number of factors, we will be able to provide specialist advice to those affected candidates.
Secondment opportunities will be considered for this 12 month fixed term position and prior approval from existing managers should be sought in advance of your application.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. We undertake large-scale research that forms the foundations of knowledge in biology and medicine. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth. Find out more at www.sanger.ac.uk or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube and on our Blog.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance Cover and a Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract of 12 months or more)
- Enhanced maternity leave and parental leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme (after 6 months service)
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
Find out more about our Wellcome Genome Campus.
We have recently been awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.