We have a new opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Manager to join the Wellcome Genome Campus Connecting Science te
Marketing and Communications Manager
We have a new opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Manager to join the Wellcome Genome Campus Connecting Science team on a one-year fixed-term basis.
About the role:
You will lead marketing for the programme as a whole, delivering outputs such as:
- externally facing projects such as our annual review
- content for our website, newsletters, and social media channels
- internally facing regular team email newsletters;
As our Marketing and Communications Manager, you will work with our Public Engagement team to advertise and market an extensive public and schools offer, including events, activities and resources, and with our Conference Centre team to promote our venue, which is available for corporate hire.
- You will be an excellent communicator with strong copy writing and project management skills;
- you will enjoy working in a diverse team with a range of global stakeholders, including colleagues, researchers, and other partner organisations.
- You will be able to manage multiple projects, come up with creative solutions, and support the delivery of excellent marketing and communication outputs across the entire programme.
The current pandemic has meant that many of our activities have switched to virtual formats, and we are therefore particularly interested in candidates with skills and experience in digital marketing to expand reach to new audiences.
About the team:
Supporting Connecting Science’s mission, we connect researchers, health professionals and the wider public, creating opportunities and spaces for learning, training and engagement with genomics.
We currently have a small marketing team that supports all of our learning and engagement activities.
This broad-ranging role is based in the Connecting Science Programme Office, and you will work collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications Manager for Learning, Training and Research, and the Head of Strategy.
- Professional marketing qualification or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of digital marketing platforms, such as email marketing applications (ideally DotDigital) and social media channels.
- Experience of WordPress website content management systems
- Working knowledge of graphic design packages e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Excellent copy writing, editing and proofing skills, delivering organisational voice
- Experience of working in an educational, scientific or not-for-profit environment with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of GDPR and its implications
- Experience in developing and delivering marketing strategies, agreeing goals and measures
- Experience of brand management and/or brand application
- Effective team worker with good project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Enthusiasm for science and research
- We will consider full time, part time (minimum of 22.5 hours p/w) and job share applications.
- Please include a CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role with your application.
Closing date: 4th October 2020
Whilst the developments around COVID-19 continue to evolve, the Wellcome Genome Campus is closed for all but essential functions and facilities.
People remain at the centre of everything that we do and the majority of our staff are now working remotely to ensure continuity of operations, making use of remote communication and collaboration tools.
Interviews will be taking place virtually and the successful candidate should expect to be fully supported through remote on-boarding and working from home until the Campus re-opens to all staff. This approach may vary for individuals located overseas and/or where a visa is required and starting will be based on a number of factors, we will be able to provide specialist advice to those affected candidates
About Connecting Science
Wellcome Genome Campus Connecting Science’s mission is to enable everyone to explore genomic science and its impact on research, health and society. We connect researchers, health professionals and the wider public, creating opportunities and spaces to explore genomic science and its impact on people. Connecting Science inspires new thinking, sparks conversation, supports learning and measures attitudes, drawing on the ground-breaking research taking place on the Wellcome Genome Campus.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children
- and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance Cover and a Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract of 12 months or more)
- Enhanced maternity leave and parental leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme (after 6 months service)
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
Find out more about our Wellcome Genome Campus.
We have recently been awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.