Great opportunity for an aspiring Electronics Engineer who is interested in building a career in a consulting environment.
Electronical Engineer Summer Intern
The role will involve working closely with your colleagues and our clients on a wide range of assignments. You will be an important part of developing creative technical solutions for break-out products and manufacturing processes, contributing your expertise in electronic engineering. Your role may range from creating a novel wireless connected product, developing a high performance data processor to designing an innovative medical device. Our clients need us to work at the cutting edge and you will be ready to help.
- Each year, seven million deaths worldwide are attributed to air pollution, with nearly 30,000 in Britain. We worked for Drayson Technologies who launched a new business built on a combination of web, apps and small low energy sensors to monitor air pollution without requiring the batteries to be charged. The electronics team worked on the sensors alongside the client’s engineers and our IT practice to create an end-to-end connected system in under a year. To this is just one example of the constant stream of products that we design and successful deliver into the market.
- Thin electronics for wearable medical devices: We worked with a major pharmaceutical company to develop a wearable medical device with on-body communications for daily use drug delivery. By combining drug delivery and communications technology, we can help improve patient adherence and safety. The benefits included low cost design suitable for high volume manufacturing processes – 100 millions/annum, fully encapsulated and water-proof design with circuit board and battery only 1mm thick, ultra-low standby current and used novel battery chemistry.
- PA developed a bespoke LoRa radio module for a safety critical mesh network system for a UK-based SME. Our leading digital, analogue and RF electronics experts designed a functional circuit board in less than three months, including power supply, RF front end, and a bespoke printed antenna. We have also designed and implemented a mesh network protocol layer that sits above the LoRa physical links and thus allows dispersive deployment of the devices without installing cabled infrastructure in the building.
What we're looking for
During your 10 weeks as an intern at PA, you’ll learn some of what it takes to be a top-notch consultant. You’ll be coached and guided by experts and have countless opportunities to broaden your experience on challenging projects and programmes. Whatever you work on, you’ll be part of the team and free to build your networks, both here at PA and far beyond.
- On track for a first or 2:1 degree in Electronic Engineeringor equivalent
- A good understanding of analogue and/or digital circuit design
- A passion for engineering and in particular electronics
The start date for this role will be in July 2021.
This role is open to undergraduates in their penultimate year of university. If you intend to return to university after the internship to complete an MSc, you will also be eligible for this position.
• Private medical insurance
• Travel allowance
• 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
• Company pension scheme
• Annual performance-based bonus
• Life and Income protection insurance
• Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
• Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.