10-12 month position ideal for University students looking for a placement opportunity as part of their course, or recent graduates looking to gain experience in a technical environment. (£22,000PA)
Ansys Internship 2021-2022
The role contributes to the development of data products that help commercial organizations perform accurate multi-physics simulations and make informed material choices during the product design, to optimize performance, minimize cost or minimize the environmental impact.
This role works in collaboration with a team of expert professionals to accomplish development objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs basic development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of data products
- Aid the Data Products Team in the development of new content for data products, with specific projects aimed to meet user’s needs
- Work independently on project research phases using online search engines, analysis phases using Excel to manipulate data, and data input phases using Ansys Granta’s software to import information into the databases
- Learns and employs best practices
- Works alongside a product manager to enhance the coverage of materials data, increase the scope of the products and improve functionality for end users
- Support the team in the creation of new products, which may involve independently researching a new area, feeding back findings to the team, and making recommendation for further review
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Good knowledge of engineering materials and processes from a general engineering course or specialized materials course
- Experience with Excel, and a genuine interest in developing IT and data analysis skills
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with FEA techniques
- Experience with programming languages for data processing (e.g. Python, MATLAB, Excel VBA macros)
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail and a methodical nature
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.