Assessing Needs and Requests
- Assess the learning needs of staff and the Community members, using surveys, interviews, or other suitable methods.
- Review learning requests from GÉANT staff, approve or question others when necessary to ensure the budget is used well.
Designing L&D Programmes
- Design innovative, high impact learning programmes aligned with learning theory and best practice which meet learners’ needs for technical and professional skills.
- Work with subject matter experts to create training events or content for eAcademy, GÉANT’s learning platform.
Delivery of L&D Programmes
- Drive delivery of high quality of learning solutions through identifying and working with external providers – delivery may be online, in person or a blend of both.
- From time-to-time deliver learning content yourself in your particular area of expertise.
- Harness technology to make learning accessible Work with admin support to ensure that GLAD’s website and event system are updated with event details, events are promoted, attendees’ queries are resolved and post-event feedback is collated.
Evaluation of L&D Programmes / Activities
- Regularly evaluate and produce reports for management on learning impact, learning usage and event attendance.
Inspiring GÉANT and Community Staff
- Identify new ways to inspire learning.
- Act as a learning ambassador, inspiring staff and community members to engage with learning resources through effective communication e.g. creating blog posts, emails, web updates or live presentations.
- Equip Community members to create engaging technical learning content by providing advice on best practice.
We are adopting a flexible-hybrid model which means that employees will work flexibly between a remote and office environment. Weekly visits to the office are required for most employees to support our values and collaborative culture and enable our teams to deliver great work. These arrangements will be role dependent and must be agreed with your line manager. For this role we anticipate that you will be required in the office at least 1-2 days per week. This requirement may change, and you may be required to attend the office on more days per week from time to time or on an on-going basis if the needs of the business change.
Periodic travel will be required as part of this role. Travel will mainly be within Europe, but occasional worldwide travel may be required.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes:
- Experience of working in a learning & development/training function fulfilling the responsibilities mentioned above.
- Sound knowledge of adult learning theories and best practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: comfortable with senior stakeholders, questioning others when necessary.
- Analytical skills in relation to people and data: e.g. asks good questions to pinpoint learning needs; can construct meaningful post-learning evaluations.
- Comfortable with complexity, able to take briefs on unfamiliar technical topics.
- Able to use eLearning platform and update web pages.
- Organised, multi-tasker – able to manage more than one project concurrently.
- Willing to learn, committed to own development and passionate about helping others learn.
- If you lack experience in a particular area, please show evidence of relevant transferable skills and a willingness to learn.
Why work for GÉANT?
We offer a blazing-fast, cutting-edge network that connects scientists, researchers and academics across Europe and the world. Thanks to our terabit network, 50 million researchers, scientists, academics and students can share record volumes of data unconstrained by location, solving some of mankind’s biggest challenges.
Work at GÉANT and you’ll be supporting critical research into sustainable energy, deep space, high-energy physics, earth observation, environmental disasters, medicine and more!
Benefits of working for GÉANT
You’ll receive excellent benefits at GÉANT – we offer a generous amount of holiday plus public holidays, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, and the option to join our private medical scheme. We also believe in investing heavily in learning to help our people become the best at what they do.