We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and organised scientists to join our Analytical and Material Science (AMS) team on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract.
Scientists - 12 Month FTC
The Analytical and Material Science (AMS) Team at our Fordham site are starting an exciting project investigating novel e-cigarette technology in partnership with our colleagues at the Teddington site. The project involves quantitation of a wide range of compounds using LC-MS/MS and GC-MS analysis.
- Preparing standards and samples for analysis (wet chemistry, smoking machine)
- Operating the LC-MS/MS and GC-MS instruments for acquisition
- Data processing
- Preparing result reports and data summaries
- Perform associated lab activities such as (assisting with) logging in of samples and reference materials, lab cleans, instrument trouble shooting.
- Maintain required documentation, such as SOPs, COSHH assessments, project and sample trackers
Education, experience and technical skills:-
- Degree in chemistry or related subject
- Experience working in an analytical lab is a plus
- Experience with/knowledge of LC-MS/MS and/or GC-MS Quantitative Analysis is a plus
- Understanding of regulatory environments (for instance GLP, GMP, ISO17025)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills to perform tasks in a meticulous manner with close attention to detail
- Flexible attitude to changing priorities and timelines, responding to these challenges positively
- Good time management skills and ability to work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and willing to get involved with new initiatives
- Enthusiastic, with a positive attitude
What we can offer you:-
We offer a flexible approach to work, in a friendly and informal environment. As well as a competitive salary, we offer a range of flexible benefits, including a group personal pension plan, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance and many more.