We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible. Previous applicants need not reapply
The Finance Division is undertaking a multi-year transformation programme which will introduce new systems and ways of working through to 2027 and beyond. The Transformation programme will move the Finance Division and larger Finance Community onto new digital platforms with unified processes. The programme will also deliver both purchase power and efficiency savings.
You will be pivotal in collaboration across the Accounting Services teams (Accounts Payable including a shared services team, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, Payroll and first-line finance system support) and the role will require successful engagement with a variety of stakeholders. You will support and influence the transformation work relating to Accounting Services whilst ensuring and enabling the progress of individual projects.
Duties will include:
- Working closely with the Head of Accounting Services to ensure that both day-to-day operations are completed whilst participating in a variety of transformation projects that will reshape the way the University operates.
- Prepare business plans, operational proposals and other formal papers relating to both existing operations and transformation plans.
- Design and develop meaningful management data to enable management of transactions, presenting this information to a wide audience.
- Own the approach to risk relating to P2P and will have significant interactions with the Financial Fraud Framework, a holistic approach which is sponsored by the audit committee and has a key link to the University's Assurance function.
You will be a qualified accountant or have an equivalent level of experience. You should be a strategic thinker but also be able to work at a detailed practical level. You should also have:
- Significant line management experience
- Experience leading projects of significant size, including working with Finance, IT and other colleagues from a diverse variety of backgrounds.
- Experience working in people based, service driven organisations.
The University offers an excellent benefit package including:
- 41 days annual leave, inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Defined benefits pension schemes
- Flexible working options
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Discounts on shopping
- Rental deposit scheme
The Finance Division has embraced hybrid working and individuals are currently working with their team two days a week from a University site, principally Greenwich House, and three days worked remotely (for those working a standard Mon to Fri week). This arrangement is subject to change and will not form a part of the contractual terms of the role.
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 2 years in the first instance.
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic disclosure (criminal records check) check and a security check.
Applications are welcome from internal candidates who would like to apply for the role on the basis of a secondment from their current role in the University.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
If you would like more information about this role, informal enquiries can be directed by email to Chris Patten, Head of Accounting Services: Chris.Patten@admin.cam.ac.uk
If you have any questions the application process, please contact a Recruitment administrator at Finhr_recruitment@admin.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference AG38769 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.