Location: Bar Hill, United Kingdom
About the role
You will be part of the highly accomplished and diverse R&D Consumables Group. You will be working with R&D scientists within a stimulating environment across different teams from Analytical Chemistry, Advanced Technology and Product Development. The role will be interdisciplinary within the realm of chemistry and analytical chemistry. You will be contributing in:
- Designing the next generation of sustainability-embedded printable ink products
- Developing the technology blocks that underpin stable ink formulation taking into consideration, raw materials, printers and substrates involved in the system.
- Contribute to the development of ink testing methodology using high-end equipment capability within our Analytical Chemistry laboratory.
- Play an active role in the transformation of our laboratories to incorporate robotics and automation as well as the use the artificial intelligence in your routine activities.
- GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSEs (including Maths, English & Science) (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
- A Level or equivalent Various (with one being chemistry) (Grade BCC (104 UCAS Points)) Essential
- Good communication skills
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Good analytical skills
- Practical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent team player who enjoys being hands-on and is committed to job and education.
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. At Domino, we believe in doing more for our customers as well as our employees. Domino is specialised in digital printing and traceability solutions (such as industrial coders) for sectors as diverse as food, beverage, life sciences, packaging, cleaning, personal care, building and construction. Our technology prints onto products you encounter every day including cans, household goods, eggs, ready meals, cartons, glass, cases, pallets, PET, trays, film, labels and much, much more.
There is an exciting opportunity for an Advanced Formulation Chemistry Apprentice to join our team.
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few! We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.