Location: Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. is an integrated global pharmaceutical company committed to providing affordable and innovative medicines for healthier lives. We have a commercial presence in more than 40 countries and 23,000 employees worldwide are part of our success. Our purpose is to accelerate access to affordable medicines because we believe Good Health Can’t Wait.
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (EU) Ltd., Cambridge, UK, is a specialist R&D technology centre that focuses on developing technical solutions for the production of highly complex Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and drug intermediates. With a history in world-leading asymmetric chemo- and bio-catalysis together with expertise in organic synthesis and continuous processing, coupled with high quality analytical support, our teams develop cleaner, quicker and more efficient routes to these complex molecules.
Role and responsibilities:
- Developing and optimising of analytical methods to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Identification and tracking of impurities throughout the process to help define a suitable control strategy.
- Collaborating closely with Research Chemists, Biologists, Project Management, Intellectual Property, Supply Chain and Regulatory colleagues to help define project milestones and deliverables, and to ensure these goals are met.
- Regularly presenting your work at project review meetings with colleagues in Cambridge and at other sites.
- Compiling clear and concise reports summarising your work.
- Keeping up to date with new developments in analytical technology and equipment to support continuous improvement efforts as well as growth of the Cambridge site.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A higher education qualification in analytical chemistry, chemistry or biochemistry with experience in chromatographic method development preferably within a pharmaceutical environment.
- A passion for problem solving, delivering results and continuous learning.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills so you can be an effective team member across diverse teams and geographies.
- Good documentation practices are mandatory: meticulous recording of all experimental work is required as well as drafting reports and tech transfer documentation.
- Willingness to take initiative where required and work pro-actively to achieve team goals.
Experience in any of the following would be advantageous:
- Preparative purification to isolate impurities and experience to develop and define purification processes for intermediates
- Experience in a range of non-chromatographic analytical techniques including, High Resolution Mass spectrometry, NMR, Ion Chromatography, titrations
- Empower software, ChemStation data system
The opportunity to be part of an international team that accelerates access to affordable medicines for patients worldwide. A competitive salary, with variable pay based upon performance, and excellent benefits.
True to our belief that Good Health Can’t Wait, Dr. Reddy’s invests in the growth, development and personal health of our employees. We offer a flexible working environment.
Salary: Competitive salary within our scientist role band, and performance bonus
Dr Reddy’s is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all staff. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and we would particularly welcome applications from women, who are currently under-represented in our laboratory.
Closing date: this is set for Friday 21st February 2022 but we may bring this forward depending on the number of applications we receive, so please do apply as soon as you can.
Applications from agencies will only be considered by prior agreement.