This role is based at our EMEA Head Office in Cambridge UK and you must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
Illumina's employee benefits are industry leading and include, Flexible time off, Private medical insurance, Compassion and care time off, Leisure travel insurance, Pension, Lifestyle allowance, Employee Stock Purchasing Program, Volunteer time off and much much more!!
You will come from a background in Molecular Biology & Next Generation Sequencing and be able to demonstrable proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques. You will have experience in delivering technical trainings and will be organised with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
You will have proven ability to take ownership of tasks and see these through to completion as well as a demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high performance environment.
- Facilitate technical training courses for internal and external customers that typically include technical presentations, demonstrations, hands-on lab exercises, technical Q&A sessions, and student assessments. Complete ownership of all aspects of running a training event.
- Assist in preparing training plans for implementation of new products.
- A commitment to building, demonstrating & maintaining subject matter expert status in product lines assigned to you. This can be done through participating in lab and project work, field visits & assisting other groups with relevant work.
- Participation and ownership of customer facing work, including testing of customer samples (proof-of-concept experiments) and limited amounts of customer training.
- Helping to develop training materials covering complete end-to-end workflow steps (from nucleic acid sample preparation through to data analysis).
- Maintain a close relationship with global counterparts with the goal of continuous improvement of the training courses.
- Commitment to development & improvement of professional training skills.
- Assist with updating course materials to keep pace with rapidly evolving technology and products.
- Participate on global product development teams for new products and represent the needs of EMEA Training.
- Maintain all documentation, ensuring that all documents have been gathered ensuring audit and compliance standards are met.
- Assistance with all lab processes required to maintain ISO13485 certification of Solution Centre lab complex.
- Actively & professionally engaging in Team meetings and with colleagues, both in immediate group and throughout the company.
- PhD preferred or undergraduate degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics with considerable relevant lab experience
- Preferred experience with Genotyping arrays
- Experience with next generation sequencing technologies
- Experience in the delivery of technical trainings
- Able to work within fast paced and high performance environments
- Strong communication
- Willing to travel up to 20%
What can you expect
With Illumina you can expect a highly competitive salary accompanied by a market leading benefits package. You will be part of the global leader in the Sequencing industry where you will find robust growth opportunities and career development within Illumina.
Our team members are bright, energetic, and dedicated—they are the driving force behind our innovation and impact. To attract the best and brightest, we offer a competitive employee benefits program. We view it as a smart investment in our people, one that recognizes the tremendous value they bring to our business every day. At Illumina, we push boundaries. We think beyond the conventional. We dream big. With the energy of so many bright and accomplished people, the opportunities are endless.