Job Title: Associate Director, Lifecycle and Pipeline, Oncology
Location: Cambridge (UK) / Gaithersburg (US)
There are two positions available reporting across the group. You will report to one of the executive directors within the group.
Introduction to role:
Join us at AstraZeneca, where we are drawing on the brightest and most diverse minds to impact at scale. As an Associate Director in our Oncology Business Unit, you will assist in the creation and implementation of strategies to deliver an exciting and innovative oncology pipeline. You will drive the collection of meaningful, timely, and accurate data from a wide range of internal and external sources and perform detailed analyses. Your analysis and strategic advice will drive the long-term strategy for projects across early and late stage development and will be the foundation for investment decisions.
Your responsibilities will encompass the provision of market assessments, revenue forecasts and asset valuations for portfolio investment decisions and resource planning, based on market research, market data tracking and competitor analysis. In addition, you will be involved in the ongoing development of proprietary oncology focussed data tools and platforms to convey opportunity and risk assessments.
To achieve this, it is critical you possess strong consultative and communication skills; as well as the ability to formulate cohesive strategic arguments and respectfully challenge a group of experts. This requires effective stakeholder and relationship management skills with the ability to interact and build trusted relationships. A strong scientific background and strategic analytical skills are critical for success in the role.
The role may require moderate global travel (Medical congress, Advisory boards and key internal meetings).
- Educated to PhD level in life sciences (preferred)
- Experience in oncology is highly desirable. Familiar with the oncology drug development process and necessary scientific, commercial and strategic considerations
- Understanding of clinical data and clinical trial design
- Proven experience in pharmaceutical industry or consulting in which you have contributed to the global pipeline strategy e.g. market assessment, competitor analysis, forecasting
- Analysis and fact-based decision-making
- Working with data and/or a science research/ bio-pharmaceutical environment
- Understanding of general business and core marketing principles and application to future healthcare market challenges
- Able to influence without authority and establish and maintain credibility with senior audiences
- Resourceful, motivated, decisive and proactive; must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-growing organization
- Experience of setting up short- and long-term strategic plans
- Highly intellectually capable with agility and adaptability
- Motivated by working in a fast-paced field with clear societal impact
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
Join a highly valued, strategic team that is fundamental in realising the potential of our life-changing medicines. It's through our work that AstraZeneca is able to ensure the right access is provided to our transformative medicines. Working with new drugs, new digital approaches and ever-changing environments, it's crucial that we remain flexible and on top of the detail. Running, thinking and acting fast to make smart decisions and get the right medicines to patients at the right time. We're pioneering Market Access innovations: this is the place to unlock opportunities and feed our love for the challenge. United by an unrivalled passion for patients and science and always performing at the top of our game.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.