Biologics Medical Affairs Lead - Respiratory & Immunology
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Closing date: 8th December 2023
Are you passionate about improving clinical practice and outcomes?
Would you like to apply your expertise to impact Severe Viral Respiratory Disease in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines?
Join our industry-leading BioPharmaceuticals team, where our rich and diverse pipeline speaks for itself. It’s an exciting time for our team as we redefine the future, working towards our vision to be the leader in Cardiovascular, Renal, Metabolism, Respiratory and Immunology by 2025.
A ground-breaking, fast-paced place, here you can feel the buzz and that’s why we love it.
At AstraZeneca UK, we are committed to delivering against three missions:
- Accelerating the position of the UK as a global centre of excellence in life sciences
- Redefining healthcare through fast and equitable access to the most effective medicines, high quality care
- Delivering sustainable leadership that prioritises healthy people, society and planet
Our head office in Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It brings AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and collaborators in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as develop greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
We are on a journey to bring life-saving medicines to patients. Our role in contributing to decreasing mortality rates globally is clear – shaping the future by spotting a scientifically-led commercial opportunity and acting now to operationalise and scale it.
What you’ll do
As Biologics Medical Affairs Lead (MAL) you will use your clinical and scientific expertise to develop and implement disruptive medical strategy which drives clinical practice change to support the launch of new respiratory biologic medicines.
Key initiatives include mapping the clinical pathway and expert networks, delivering impactful real world evidence, and leading tangible changes to clinical practice and pathways.
In addition, the MAL will be accountable for establishing and maintaining AstraZeneca’s position as a scientific leader while delivering peer-level engagement with external experts, professional societies and patient advocacy groups.
- To map current clinical practice, patient pathway, and clinical/expert networks for the management of severe viral respiratory disease (SVRD)
- To develop, lead and implement medical strategies to support launch of AstraZeneca’s growing biologics across multiple indications but with a specific focus on (SVRD)
- To provide medical input into all UK strategic and operational planning initiatives for the Business Unit
- To build a strong network with key external partners (including KEEs, payers, patient advocacy groups, etc.) to deliver clinical and patient insight, customer focus and clinical governance into commercial objectives
- To represent the UK in Regional and Global Medical Affairs setting for defined therapy areas
- To develop and deliver pre-launch and peri-launch medical plans and activities to support healthcare system and pathway change, generate real-world evidence and deliver omnichannel education initiatives
- To provide strategic leadership to the Field Medical Affairs team (MSLs) to enable delivery of field-medical objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Act to ensure good practice requirements are fully complied with and in line with the local Quality Management System (QMS) SOP and all other AZ policies and Standards
Essential Skills and Experience
- Relevant higher degree qualifications in a science or clinical based degree (MD, MPharm, PHD)
- Experience in respiratory and/or biologic medicines and/or acute care setting
- Track record of senior leadership experience in previous roles
- Prior experience in launching new medicines and/or services at scale
- Respiratory and/or acute medicine clinician
- Launch experience biologic and/or specialist care and/or acute care medicines
- Detailed knowledge of the UK healthcare system
- Extensive patient and customer insight through experience of working with the NHS
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
If you are inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do by joining us on this exciting journey and believe you can contribute to this bold ambition – join us!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.