Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the planning and delivery of Alzheimer’s Research UK’s key brand campaigns, working with internal stakeholders and external agencies to deliver on time and on budget.
- Work closely with the Head of Brand to develop and deliver the organisation-wide brand strategy, driving engagement across the charity.
- Act as an internal brand consultant across the organisation, collaborating with teams to bring to life the brand in their products and channels.
- Manage the coordination of integrated campaign moments across the charity, ensuring consistent look and feel, aligned messaging and maximised brand opportunities.
- Inspire and engage colleagues internally, delivering internal communications to ensure that the brand is alive, understood and actively developed.
- Drive forward planning to ensure that plans are co-ordinated, regularly reviewed, and measured effectively.
- Be a day-to-day contact for external agencies and suppliers including brand and media agencies.
- Work with the wider Brand department to ensure efficient forward communications planning.
- Work with the Insight team to track and evaluate brand health and the impact of brand campaign activity.
- Undertake any other relevant duties and projects delegated by the Head of Brand in line with the responsibilities of the post.
- Keep up to date with brand activity in the sector and beyond, maintaining a strong external orientation.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a brand, marketing or communications role.
- A track record of excellent brand management and brand marketing.
- Proven experience in project planning, management and delivery.
- Experience of leading multi-channel brand or marketing communications campaigns with a good knowledge of the full marketing mix.
- Experience of working with external agencies, such as brand, creative and media.
- Experience of measuring and reporting on brand health and campaign performance.
- Experience of developing communications content, including messaging and brand development.
- The ability to work at pace, delivering multiple complex projects to meet specified deadlines.
- Outstanding leadership and coordination skills.
- Clear and concise communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to cut through complexity.
- Ability to influence a range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Understanding of the range of media channels and platforms used for brand marketing.
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £41,500 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 17th July 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 25th July 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us at email@example.com
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK:
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK