Our Berlin Redgate office is seeking an experienced and dedicated Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our talented sales team in Berlin-Mitte.
This position plays an integral role in the success of the entire sales team and is responsible for proactively acquiring new and existing customers. You will utilize both marketing and self-generated leads (inbound and outbound leads). Using a variety of platforms including phone, CRM, outreach software and social media, you will qualify these leads at a high level to create new business opportunities in our DACH market.
Our company culture offers you the best conditions to develop personally and professionally. We give you the freedom and flexibility to do what you do best, and you will work with experts from different teams to help you achieve your goals.
For roles within our Commercial division, we are keen for applicants to know that we are working hard to improve the representation of people from underrepresented backgrounds. Improving the gender balance of our team in Berlin is a priority so we are particularly keen to hear from women, but please know that we want applications from anyone who wants to be a part of our inclusive business.
With market-leading software solutions, the strongest brand in our industry, and a respected thought leadership role under your belt, you will serve as an advisor and strategic partner to some of our largest clients. You will learn about key business challenges and develop insights that challenge the status quo and address increasing pressures in database development.
You will handle all aspects of acquisition, including lead management, research, qualification, and customer support. In many cases, you will work with a variety of disciplines / other functions across the organization to achieve your goals.
What makes you the next Business Development Representative at Redgate?
- You are fluent in both written and spoken German and English
- You will create a great first impression with our prospects and customers by providing them with a first class experience
- You will work with our experienced Account Executives to fill the pipeline and develop your own capabilities
- You will devise methods to generate new business opportunities to drive our growth
- You are driven by researching and building new and existing client relationships (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, making strategic calls)
- You are comfortable having high level conversations with senior executives at prospective clients
- Travel to on-site client and marketing events as needed
Nice to have:
- CRM experience
- Inside sales and business acquisition experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet them through successful product selling
- Self-starter with a proven track record of excellence and achieving goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and verbal communication, and the ability to successfully communicate with contacts via phone, email, social media and video
- General knowledge of the IT industry with the ability to quickly and accurately acquire and retain knowledge of individual products and business solutions
- Achievement and success driven personality, motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales and strong cross-business collaboration
What’s in it for you?
- Clear and structured career path to Account Executive and beyond
- Top-notch training & development in professional growth and product knowledge
- Ongoing learning and knowledge sharing with some of the best complex sales experts in the industry
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, fun and challenging environment where we ensure you reach your full potential
- A dynamic and fast-growing team with plenty of opportunities for further career advancement
- Up to €50,000 base salary, depending on experience + €10,000 OTE
- Above average benefits package with attractive benefits
- Flexible working hours and a mix of remote and office work (2 days in the office per week)
At Redgate we recruit on a rolling basis, which means we carry on recruiting until we find the right person for the role. We tend to compare individuals to the role specification rather than to each other.
It doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply! While we list out what we generally look for, we are likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%.
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Achieving work-life balance has never been more important and so Redgate has adopted a flexible-hybrid model. This means that people will work flexibly with a blend of remote (home) and co-located (office) work, with teams having the flexibility to decide which location best suits the outcomes they need to deliver.
Where you work and how frequently you attend the office will depend on the nature of your role, the make-up of the team and the type of work that you need to do. A weekly visit to the office is likely for most people to support our collaborative culture and enable our teams to deliver great work, though less frequent visits may also work well. So, if you can travel to & from the office safely in a day, that works well for us.
Apply online today!