At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to develop a pipeline of in vivo reprogramming and ex vivo cell therapies using our proprietary suite of platforms to direct cellular conversion (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) and the maintenance of cell identity (Kamaraj et al., Cell Systems, 2020).
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. Mogrify has raised over $40 million USD of funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Business Development & Strategy Associate Director / Director. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success and patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Produce qualitative and quantitative market/industry analysis to advise the long-term and short-term strategic direction of the company.
- Work with the R&D and IP team to support the strategic and commercial development of the Mogrify assets.
- Prepare summary information on the progress of the business development pipeline, expected deal closures, and risk/opportunity assessments for periodic presentations with senior management.
- Develop, foster and systematically track relationships with top tier external parties (Biotech and Pharma companies) to deliver strategically aligned deals.
- Deal revenue model construction to support the Business Development team on deal valuation and negotiation.
- Work closely with the alliance management to assure the continued fostering of key partnerships.
- Prepare summary information on the progress of the program, timeline updates, and risk/opportunity assessments for periodic presentations with senior management.
- Write thought leadership articles within the cell therapy and biotechnology space.
- A degree in the life sciences is required (PhD highly preferred) with a minimum of 3 years working experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry, with direct experience in strategy and/or business development and/or licensing (or equivalent experience).
- A scientific background in cell & gene therapy is highly desirable; MBA a plus.
- Ability to synthesize market intelligence and generate an appropriate strategy accordingly.
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to be extremely effective independently.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills are a must in order to work effectively with key stakeholders, including both internal senior management and external business partners.
- Well-developed skills for gaining the cooperation of others and brokering communication and harmony among both internal and external networks.
- A high-energy individual who strives on success and who has the persistence to follow problems through to their final resolution; understands all aspects relating to ownership.
- Self-confident and self-aware with gravitas, presence and credibility.
Why Join Mogrify?
You will be joining a pioneering and innovative team who collaborate with shared domain expertise, intellectual curiosity, and passion for developing novel cell reprogramming therapies.
You will have the freedom and flexibility to flourish. We will work with you to create your own personal development plan and provide you with the training, support, and encouragement to continue to enhance your skills.
We look for great, not good, recognizing your efforts with upper quartile remuneration. Colleagues tell us how great our employee benefits package is, and we regularly seek feedback to ensure it remains impactful and meaningful. Our benefits include:
- Contributory pension (8%)
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
- Recognition scheme (including spot awards and peer recognition)
- Fresh fruit, biscuits and other tasty treats are always available in our open plan kitchen and breakout space
- Regular and varied, well attended social events organized by our MOSO committee