Business Insights Manager
Location: Pancras Square
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Advert Closing Date: 19th February 2024
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Business Insights? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the service in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
We use our influence across the enterprise to shape our external interactions. Working across different markets and functions, we listen to all voices, which allows us to optimally represent them when we communicate our products externally.
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and collaborators in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as champion greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
As a Business Insights Manager you will be working within the Data, Insights and Analytics team to provide relevant insights and analysis to enable an optimal diagnosis of our business performance. In this regard, the Business Insights Manager will be responsible for analysing different data sources (sales data, competitive insights, activity, etc.) to generate insights aimed at delivering competitive advantage. In addition, the incumbent will also lead the development of market research projects to answer some important business questions. Lastly, the candidate will also lead and contribute to critical business processes connected to brand planning and financial planning
What will you be doing:
- Generate insights on patients, customers and NHS as well as brands, markets and TA by analysing multiple data sources to inform and influence business decisions
- Design high quality market research to increase business understanding and to support brand strategy and marketing mix decisions
- Deliver performance analytics on priority brands by (1) identifying patterns within the data, (2) uncovering insights / brand opportunities and (3) articulate useful recommendations
- Support strategic planning and financial planning processes
- Introduce innovation in the business insights space (new research techniques, new data sets, etc.)
- Drive compliant processes according to AZ SoPs and Code of conduct
- Contribution towards the delivery of the annual P&L, Contribution and Sales targets.
- Working closely with the BUs, develop a thorough understanding of current key business issues and provide solutions to support BU decision making
- Proactively identifies blind spots and opportunities in terms of unanswered business questions and insights
- Knowledge of NHS and the pharma industry
- Ability to distil impactful insights out of different data sets
- Proven track record of working with senior stakeholders in a complex environment
- Self-starter who can face challenges with positive attitude
- Several years of experience in analytical or insights generation roles
- Marketing/business related master degree
- Therapy area knowledge / experience
- Sales & Marketing experience
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a phenomenal Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. As well as a competitive salary, bonus and benefits. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Where can I find out more
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We encourage and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on inclusivity in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Apply now if you are ready for an exciting journey!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.