Location: Bar Hill, United Kingdom
Category Manager/Buyer Position - Join our dynamic team at Domino!
This hybrid position involves both remote work and on-site visits to production sites in Cambridge, Liverpool, Malmo, or Hamburg, including occasional supplier visits.
About the role
As part of the experienced procurement team in Domino Group’s new matrix organization, the role focuses on strategic and operational procurement within the Electronics, Software, and Services category. Key responsibilities include developing Category Strategies, optimizing the supply base, managing risks and contracts, improving purchasing processes, and collaborating with internal and external partners for the best value in delivery, cost, quality, and service.
- Create and update Category Strategies for Electronics, Software, and Services.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Identify and integrate new capable sources.
- Enhance profitability through cost savings, Purchase Price Variances, and inventory management.
- Mitigate supply base risks and manage contracts.
- Ensure compliance with Domino’s CSR requirements and manage supply chain obsolescence.
- Improve purchasing processes and maintain data integrity in the ERP database.
- Develop and report on relevant KPIs.
We seek an experienced category buyer/manager with a strategic sourcing background in a technical, fast-paced environment. Up-to-date category knowledge and experience in Purchasing Electronics, Software and connectivity services will be an asset
Key competencies include:
- Proficiency in developing and executing procurement strategies.
- Comprehensive purchasing expertise in technical product manufacturing.
- Knowledge in Electronics, Software, and connectivity services.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead complex stakeholder groups and focus on customer needs.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills.
- Financial and analytical acumen.
- Familiarity with Compliance, Procurement, and Legal best practices.
- ERP knowledge, preferably with Oracle experience.
- CIPS or equivalent qualification (or in progress) is advantageous.
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect:
- Flexible working arrangements
- A competitive salary,
- Generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell),
- A discretionary bonus,
- Life insurance,
- Medical insurance and access to the green car scheme to name a few!
Why Join Us?
Innovative Culture: Be part of a dynamic team that fosters innovation and embraces cutting-edge technology. We believe in pushing boundaries and challenging the status quo. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Endless Opportunities: Grow your career in an environment that encourages continuous learning and development. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for professional advancement.
Global Impact: Contribute to projects that have a global impact. Work with diverse teams and suppliers from around the world, collaborating to deliver high-quality products that make a difference.
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.