Reporting directly to the Compliance Officer you will be creating and maintaining policies to ensure the MM Welath is compliant with FCA regulations and that everything we do is within the law.
You will assess the compliance of internal processes against current regulations, maintain reporting and help to advise and train staff.
You will be responsible for managing the Risk Management (RM) Team and implementation of its objectives. Keep on top of best practice and to ensure that the business’ internal policies account for any changes.
As part of the Management Team supporting the Board to achieve company’s business objectives and vision for the best outcome for clients within a positive working environment; ensuring the strategies and priorities of the company are implemented.
This is a full-time position. The successful candidate would be expected to work in the Cambridge office 100% of the time during their six month probationary period and then should they want to, would be able to apply to work a maximum of two days a week from home, subject to this being convenient to business requirements.
Previous experience of working within an IFA setting is particularly desirable.
- Communicating the company’s objectives and vision to the team.
- Managing the Risk Management team: day to day responsibility for the work carried out, dealing with any welfare issues, supporting development and conducting appraisals.
- Developing, reviewing and updating policies, procedures and client facing documents.
- Review of breaches and identifying whether the breach would be classified as reportable to the FCA.
- Ensuring the business is up to date on legislation, regulation and best practice and working with the Compliance Officer on managing their implementation
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support, and training (where relevant) within the company Assisting in planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the company.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiative to increase business efficiency.
- Assisting with risk assessment, analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the company, its employees, clients, reputation, assets and interests of shareholders.
- Arranging and overseeing audits of policies and compliance, liaising with internal and external auditors
- Assisting the Compliance Officer with regulatory returns, surveys and questionnaires.
- Reviewing any new major contracts or internal business proposals (for example due diligence etc.)
- Managing working relationships and liaising with third party compliance support providers.
- Assisting with implementation of the company’s Training and Competency Scheme.
- Responsible for being the firm’s Data Protection Manager under GDPR.
- Creating and maintaining records to enable Management Information / reports to be provided to the Board as required with standing data and special projects.
- Leading a culture of compliance