Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Identify and build strategic relationships to generate income from new corporate supporters
- A focussed and strategic approach to identifying, researching and targeting prospective corporate partners with the Corporate Partnerships Manager (CPM).
- Respond quickly and effectively to any new business leads, while delivering excellent customer service.
- Build and manage a pipeline of new business opportunities to include strategic partnerships, charity of the year partnerships and sponsorship opportunities.
- Develop engagement plans for prospects, with innovative, commercially minded ideas, to maximise the chances of winning a successful partnership.
- Write creative and fun applications for charity of the year partnerships and other corporate funding opportunities.
- Take full personal responsibility for the timely recording of prospects, actions, updates and notes within the central database (Raisers Edge). Utilise this information to take part in regular portfolio reviews. Ensure information is accurate to enable wider information sharing across the department avoiding crossover.
- Work alongside the Corporate Partnerships Officers – Account Management on new partnership set-up, including establishing legal agreements with corporate partners.
- Support the CPM in the development and implementation of the corporate fundraising strategy for ARUK, to increase the team’s income.
- Represent the charity professionally in a high-level corporate context
- Undertake any other relevant duties and projects delegated by CPM in line with the responsibilities of the post.
- Occasional travel to support partner events, or to pitches, presentations and conferences.
What we are looking for:
- Evidence of delivering high quality and creative presentations and proposals to help target and engage potential partners.
- Experience of creatively building new strategic partnerships from scratch within a fundraising and/or corporate environment.
- Experience of engaging and building relationships with key external stakeholders and decision makers to deliver positive outcomes.
- Experience of securing new partners within a fundraising and/or corporate environment.
- Confidence working with computers – good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent personal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels face to face and on the phone.
- Ability to write professionally, with an ability to adapt communications for different audiences.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to articulate complex issues to supporters in a compelling manner.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to make financial asks.
- Strong business development and relationship management skills, ideally from a charity background.
- Corporate Fundraising Experience.
Ways of working:
Agile - As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum, plus benefits
The closing date for applications is the 20th February 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 28th February 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.