With our cutting-edge processor designs providing the intelligence in billions of silicon chips to date our engineers are surrounded by groundbreaking products they have helped to create. As we continue to grow we need the best engineers to join a team building on decades of industry leading experience!
Design engineers in the CPU Group are responsible for driving the exciting work of innovation and development of the next-generation of microprocessors. They are required to have in-depth understanding across all the elements that contribute to the products’ successful delivery, including low-power design techniques, awareness of the impact of design decisions on system performance, ability to produce designs that are area efficient, and the verification techniques that are employed to ensure high-quality robust designs.
We are looking for dedicated, expert engineers who are capable of owning parts of CPU micro-architecture, contributing to all phases of the design flow. This includes:
- The definition and implementation of hardware designs
- Technically supporting other specialists
- Writing and reviewing design and verification documentation
- Planning and tracking design tasks to meet the targets at the planned time
Required Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience using System Verilog, Verilog or VHDL HDL for design
- Experience in synthesisable design that achieve area, frequency and power targets with the ability to make judgements on functionality, performance, and physical implementation trade-offs
- Experience of producing specifications and documentation describing complex designs
- Ability to contribute to and own all stages of a project from start to completion: concept, specification, implementation and testing, support
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture
'Nice To Have' Skills and Experience:
- Practical experience of working on microprocessor designs
- Working knowledge of SystemVerilog Assertions (SVA)
- Knowledge of scripting eg Python, Perl or unix shell scripting
- Knowledge of assembly language (preferably ARM), C/C++ and/or hardware verification languages e.g. SystemVerilog
- Technical reviewing of others’ work
You will get to utilise your engineering skills to build support for the technologies and influence millions of devices for years to come. You will be able to drive and bring your ideas to a wider group of our leading experts, build your technical leadership and influencing skills and build towards becoming an established and recognised expert within the existing team.