Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Lead and develop the internal project team in line with ARUK’s values.
- Accountable for ensuring the project is planned, managed, resourced, and delivered to agreed scope, budget, and timings.
- Accountable for ensuring appropriate project governance is in place to ensure resources are aligned, decisions are made effectively, and risks are mitigated.
- Accountable for creating and maintaining the internal project plan for the workstreams of CRM implementation, Import Engine re-engineering and Data Warehouse re-engineering and Change Management/Training.
- Responsible for agreeing the implementation vendor’s project plan and ensuring this is compatible with the internal project plan.
- Manage the project budget and maintain budget control, working with Finance and internal stakeholders to forecast expenditure as well as manage purchase orders.
What we are looking for:
- Sound knowledge of project management methodologies (Waterfall or Agile).
- Experience of managing large, complex CRM system implementation projects involving multiple workstreams, using appropriate methodologies.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering large, complex projects on time and on budget.
- Experience of leading a project team.
- Experience of working with a third-party implementation vendor during a project.
- Experience of managing project assets such as project budgets, deliverables and risk logs.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to build relationships, trust and respect at all levels. Effectively communicates to people of all different technical abilities.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation, influencing and decision-making skills.
- Ability to drive change and hold challenging conversations at all levels and with third-party vendors.
- Strong team player who can work both independently and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with an ability to work to deadlines and reprioritise work in accordance with the organisational needs.
- Working knowledge of project management tools such as Smartsheet and MS Project.
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £53,000 per annum, plus benefits
The closing date for applications is the 30th January 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 7th February 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK