Cyber Security Engineering Associate Director
Macclesfield, (UK) Gaithersburg (USA) Gothenburg (Sweden)
Our increased focus on Digital, AI & ML, Data & Data Science along with joint ventures and collaboration with third parties are crafting new opportunities within the Cyber Security team. Cyber Security will need to be the cornerstone of our IT strategy as we move towards our future objectives. We’re looking for IT security experts that can help us on the journey through this significant and ever-changing technology and threat landscape!"
In the role of Cyber Security Engineering Associate Director, you’ll operate within AstraZeneca’s Cybersecurity group to deliver quality services and solutions that meet both business and IT needs. This is a hands-on technical leadership role providing mentorship, definition and design of enterprise-wide security engineering initiatives and leading a small global team of cybersecurity engineers. You’ll collaborate with Business, Solution Delivery, Engineering, and Quality and Compliance functions across a global organisation spanning US, UK, Sweden, China, Japan, Poland, Mexico, India and beyond.
- -Must have large enterprise IT and security experience, ideally with significant host/endpoint detection and response technology and network protection experience, SIEM, IDS/IPS
- Able to influence at engineering, architecture, strategic and leadership levels.
- Experience and familiarity with a range of automated build and deployment tools
- Experience planning, researching and developing security technologies, policies, standards and procedures
- Development and Systems Administration experience – ideally with process automation and/or configuration management
- Security tools administration and auditing across internal and external network and systems
- Familiarity with common attack techniques and their remediation/defence including DoS, DDoS, Social engineering, Virus, Malware, Vulnerability exploitation, Phishing & Spear Phishing, Worms, Trojans, Rootkits, Ransomware, XSS, SQL Injection, Remote Command Execution, Session Hijacking, etc.
- Solid grasp of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorisation and network security implementations
- Implement and configure tools to improve our reactive and proactive security posture
- Ability to build, configure, test and implement Cyber Security solutions
- Ability to follow and embrace systems security engineering frameworks and map controls
- Strong network architecture and engineering capabilities
- The ability to embed process, governance and security into workflow and technology
- Ability to prioritise and validate the threats that really matter
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area or extensive experience within Cyber Security
- Have or are working towards a recognised Cyber Security certification.
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
Disrupt an industry and change lives. Here our work has a direct impact on patients. Redefining our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining ground breaking science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more. Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed with the investment to succeed, we're driving cross-company change to disrupt the entire industry.
Close date: 4th December
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.