Cyber Security Operations Center Associate Director
As the Cyber Security Operations Center Associate Director, you will lead a team of security managers, specialists and analysts, maintaining corporate wide information security to ensure that AstraZeneca’s information assets are adequately protected in relation to confidentiality, integrity and availability.
The security of information and systems presents one of the biggest risks and opportunities for all large organisations today. Internal and external attacks are becoming more complex whilst the balance of enabling business objectives in an efficient manner must be met.
We are looking for people who understand that security is a journey and not a destination. Cyber Security is not something that can be “fixed”, and we instead need to focus on innovation to maintain a sustainable risk position against the evolving threat landscape. You should have an understanding that we can’t just buy our way out of a Cyber Security problem. Technology may win the battle, but it won’t win the war.
We believe that Cyber Security is not just dealing with individual hackers. We are potentially working against state-sponsored attacks and multi-billion-dollar organized crime syndicates so its integral to be able to understand attackers, their motivations, and their ways of working to be able to get ahead and keep ahead of them.
You will lead our UK Region - Security Operations Center (SOC) and deliver a quality 24x7 operational service including real-time monitoring, threat hunting and incident response along with other regional SOC managers. As a SOC Manager, one of your primary responsibilities during an incident is to serve as senior technical leadership and the primary incident escalation point for your region. You will be the liaison between the SOC and our internal IT partners to contain and remediate incidents. You will be responsible for ensuring your team has the necessary skills and knowledge to optimally detect, hunt, and respond to security incidents. This includes performance management, staff skills management (including training and career development), and capacity planning. Working with other SOC Managers, you will provide ongoing governance of our 24x7 SOC service delivery including implementing security policies and procedures, overseeing and measuring SOC activities, and partnering with cyber engineering to optimize our SOC tools. You will maintain a forward-leaning operational tempo and partner across IT to address existing issues impacting SOC service delivery and identify and help implement automation to drive down costs and increase operational efficiencies. You will use good communication skills to prepare clear and concise incident reporting to highlight key activities, findings, and recommendations for non-technical audiences and leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in cybersecurity operations.
- Experience leading and running technical teams
- Experience leading enterprise security operations, including leading incident response activities.
- Project management experience leading cross-functional projects including tracking timelines and planning project landmarks.
- Experience working in a complex, multinational, corporate environment.
- Experienced in growing, mentoring, and upskilling security analysts and engineers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal form across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work cross-culturally, cross-functionally, and individually.
- A skilled collaborator and complex problem solver with experience maintaining relationships through internal and external escalations
- Experience using scripting languages (Python, PowerShell) to automate common operational task
- Ability to analyze complex situations, assessing risks and balancing strategic and tactical cybersecurity requirements with business pragmatism, risk appetite, and innovation.
- Familiarity with NIST Cybersecurity Framework controls
- Relevant cyber professional certifications (GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, GCFA or OCSP)
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Closing Date: 20th November 2023
So, what’s next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Inclusion & Diversity: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/inclusion-diversity
Career Site: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.