The Exam Operations team sit within the Student Administration section of Education Services, supporting the academic purposes of the University, and provides expert administrative support and advice to the University and Colleges relating to operational delivery of exams and reasonable adjustments for undergraduate and taught postgraduate courses.
About the Role
This role manages and delivers the reasonable adjustments service to all stakeholders including students, colleges and departments. This is a high quality, efficient and coordinated examination and assessment service that adapts to support the University's commitment to diversification of assessment.
The Deputy Head of Exam Operations (Mitigation) will manage and direct the work of the team responsible for delivery of the service as well as develop solutions to problems and processes, collaborating with other units as needed.
- Arranging the day to day running of the service, allocating resource as demanded by the annual schedule of activity and duties, ensuring consistency of service and dealing with any escalated queries from the team.
- Working flexibly as diversification of assessment evolves.
- Line managing a team of administrators.
- Managing other HR processes including recruitment and induction.
- Recruitment, allocation of and communication with casual staff supporting delivery of in person and online exams.
- Supporting the Head in developing, implementing and embedding changes and improvements to current processes in the team through training and procedures.
- Supporting stakeholders in the implementation of changes to policy and processes.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues to support the development of communications and training to key stakeholders.
We invite applications from individuals who:
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- have the ability to work collaboratively as well as independently;
- lead by example and are able to foster positive working relationships;
- are motivated and takes initiative;
- are highly meticulous, accurate and organised;
- are quick and comfortable to adapt to change;
- have strong organisational skills and multi-tasking ability;
Benefits of working at the University of Cambridge include:
- An opportunity to be part of a large, experienced, supportive and collaborative team
- Competitive rates of pay with automatic service related pay progression and annual cost of living increases
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Generous annual leave allowance
The Exams team is part of the Student Administration Service within Education Services and exceptionally, you may be required to work on other tasks within Education Services if there is a change in priorities.
During peak examination times, the role holder will need to be in the office full-time which also includes some Saturday and Bank Holiday working.
The closing date for application is Sunday 25th February 2024
Interviews will be held in person on Monday 4th March 2024
Further information is available via the link below. When applying please upload your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria set out in the Person Specification. Candidates will be shortlisted based upon these criteria.
If you would like more information about the role, informal enquiries can be directed by email to email@example.com
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
If you have any queries regarding the application process please contact SSCjobs@admin.cam.ac.uk
Please quote reference AB40455 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.