Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 2 years in the first instance.
The University Information Services (UIS) provides the University of Cambridge, its Colleges and associated institutions with a very wide and constantly changing range of information technology (IT) related services in support of administration, research and teaching. The Infrastructure Division of the UIS comprises approximately 100 staff and is responsible for the provision and support of UIS services provided to the collegiate University. Join us on our journey within the UIS division.
The successful candidate will work as part of a Desktop and System support team providing a wide variety of services. A Desktop Service Analyst provides 1st and 2nd line support functions to a large group of diverse IT environments, leading to a wider range of problems than would normally be encountered by typical Departmental or College IT staff. Therefore this role requires a wider range of expertise, strong and considerable problem-solving abilities. Come and join the team and be the first port of call for technical queries, solve complex technical problems of UIS services in person, by telephone or remote support via Teams or Zoom etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform both first and second tier support via remote or onsite means.
- Prioritise and diagnose incidents and requests according to agreed procedures.
- Investigate causes and seek resolution.
- Escalate unresolved incidents and facilitate with recovery.
- Act as the main contact point, receiving and handling requests for support via multiple channels.
- Resolve a broad range of service requests based on the UIS service catalogue and procedures.
- Analyse causes of incidents and inform service owners to minimise probability of recurrence and contribute to service improvement.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to HND or degree level in a relevant subject.
- Demonstrable knowledge and comprehensive administration experience in at least two of the following technologies: Microsoft operating systems and their applications packages Apple Macintosh / IOS MS Intune FSLogix Networking
- Excellent technical trouble-shooting skills, including an understanding of how desktop systems operate in a client server environment.
- Excellent communication skills are critical for the role.
- The role holder must be self-motivated, willing to acquire new skills and knowledge, capable of working unsupervised and must be able to complete projects in a timely and professional manner.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Informal enquiries are welcomed and should be directed to email@example.com
Please quote reference VC39290 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.