Work on Cloud DevOps Infrastructure supporting automated build, test and development solutions for our LLVM-based Compiler Toolchains alongside other DevOps/SRE engineers in our team of highly skilled C++ Compiler Engineers
Join the LLVM Embedded team and use modern DevOps and SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) practices and tools. Deliver well-maintained next generation improvements to our CI/CD software development infrastructure Toolchains that developers across industries use to build the world’s embedded devices with:
- Arm C and C++ Libraries
- Arm Compiler for Embedded
- LLVM Embedded Toolchain for Arm (Open-Source Software in Github)
- Arm Compiler for Embedded FuSa (Long-Term Support builds for Automotive and other Functional Safety applications)
We are looking for a skilled DevOps or Site Reliability engineer with an interest in joining an established team working on our open-source and commercial compiler, linker, C/C++ libraries and toolchain products for embedded devices. Our partners rely on our tools to support their success across many markets, including automotive, medical, storage and networking.
Collaborating with your colleagues, your focus will be on expanding our infrastructure in a reliable, repeatable and automated way using modern CI (Continuous Integration) practices. Supporting the wider development team is also a vital part of the role, encouraging CI/CD practices at every stage of the lifecycle.
This role will be vital in the on-time, smooth, and repeatable release and delivery of the tools our customers use for their Arm devices.
Our tools are based on both proprietary and open-source technology, and we contribute many changes back to the open-source LLVM projects and there may be opportunities for involvement with testing in the open-source community.
- Work with and give to a team aspiring to special continuous integration and delivery
- Resolve improvements and issues in the embedded devices' infrastructure used by Arm’s commercial and open-source toolchains
- Implementing automation and recovery to cultivate an SRE culture
- Lead and drive the interoperability of our infrastructure and collaboration across teams that develop our tools.
Required Skills and Experience :
We welcome and adopt change and innovation, so alternative tools to those listed are suitable for this role too!
- Full software development lifecycle knowledge in a commercial or open source environment
- Focus on stability and long-term sustainability of infrastructure and processes
- Well-versed in Infrastructure-as-Code for CI infrastructure automation
- Proficient using Python for scripting or well-structured software development
- Experience working with CI (Continuous Integration) tools such as: Jenkins, Team City, CircleCI, Artifactory, Conan, or alike
- Cloud Infrastructure Experience
- Experience with VMs (Virtual Machines) like: Virtual Box, Packer, Vagrant...
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
Familiarity with any of the below is welcome but not required. You can expect us to help you grow and be mentored in one or more of these areas of your interest when you join us!
- Fluent in collaboration with colleagues across teams and subject areas with a vested interest in our product
- Experience using and automating Linux, Windows and macOS
Atop an outstanding Life at Arm, our team is famous across Arm for pioneering innovation, inclusive and equitable initiatives to support the diverse career development needs of our engineering team through Friday Focus Times, regular career conversations, and a grassroots mentality to continuous improvement led by the team.