You are a leader in our industry and in our community. We want your ideas; we want your passion and we want your vision. This role really has the potential for you to make something your own, creating and driving a Food and Beverage concept to be truly remarkable. You will be an approachable, active and engaging leader who knows what 'works'. You will be able to adopt current trends in the marketplace and spot others before they occur. You will engender a sense of belonging in both your team and our guests and you will inspire your team to be as people centred, dedicated, and refined as you.
To oversee all Food and Beverage operations in the delivery of an excellent Guest experience and outstanding team performance, resulting in high level rankings across quality and performance metrics. Evaluate and act on guest satisfaction influencers and set department targets and objectives to promote the highest levels of Guest satisfaction and departmental results.
- Direct and oversee all the hotel Food and Beverage operations including, but not limited to, The Folio Bar & Kitchen, Sage of Cambridge, and Room Service Operations.
- Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules. Monitors profitability and takes immediate corrective action when necessary
- Oversee the regular implementation of food and beverage menus and concept development in The Folio Bar & Kitchen, Sage of Cambridge, and Room Service.
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures.
- Actively drive growth by generating Sales and Marketing initiatives and leading the implementation of them.
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Food and Beverage team with an emphasis on development, training and teamwork.
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all food and beverage menus as well as hotel facilities and current offerings.
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers.
- Ensure staffing levels appropriately cover business demands.
- Ensure ongoing training of the team across hotel general and mandatory subjects as well as specific departmental skills.
- Develops and implements programs which improve retention and job satisfaction
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated.
- Recruit, manage and develop the Food and Beverage team. Selects competent personnel.
- Contribute to succession planning within the hotel and company.
- Ensure team members comply with hotel security, fire regulations, food hygiene and all health and safety legislation.
- Deliver the product to expected Brand standards and manage the QE process.
- Ensure the department adheres to Hotel policies and procedures
- Ensure the department partakes in wider hotel initiatives including Environmental and Community projects.
- Ensure competence and efficient delivery of HHonors loyalty programme and ensure full compliance.
- Proficient numeracy and literacy skills
- 3 years previous experience of a senior management role in a restaurant or Hotel
- Proven ability to plan menus, manage stock & costs effectively and create budgets
- In-depth knowledge of UK Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Laws
- Sales and Marketing aptitude
- We believe in being our best and true selves every single day and delivering the most refined experiences possible. We believe in always having good manners and being polite. We never let our high standards slip, have impeccable taste and an eye for detail. We have a deep love and respect for all cultures and cultural pursuits.
- We are wholly committed to creating perfect experiences for our guests and teams alike. We are trustworthy and fiercely loyal. Everything we do is fuelled by passion. Passion for excellence. Passion for making the world a better and more interesting place. Passion for sharing wisdom. Passion for supporting each other to be the best we can be.
- We believe in understanding and engaging with everyone on a human level. We recognise that everyone deserves to be appreciated for the genuine person they are with unique needs, desires, tastes, and preferences.
In exchange for your efforts and dedication we offer a fantastic place to work, an opportunity to shape the culture of a new hotel and a comprehensive benefits package. If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ’apply’.