To contribute to 42T’s business development team in the Healthcare & Life Sciences sector, with the remit to grow our overall business, which includes, but is not limited to, medical devices, diagnostics, surgical tools and systems, drug delivery devices and life sciences instruments.
Main Duties / Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage an opportunity pipeline of circa £5m per annum of development projects.
- Identify and build valuable relationships with potential new clients, key decision-makers, and industry influencers.
- Maintain and further grow existing relationships with selected strategic accounts, in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Develop trusted relationships with clients to drive discussions related to their strategic objectives and stakeholder needs. Support the technical team to tailor solutions to meet those needs.
- Generate and present compelling proposals and presentations to potential clients.
- Negotiate and close business deals, securing long-term partnerships.
- Inform the team’s strategy and business development activities by maintaining a deep understanding of our capabilities, the competitive landscape, market trends and emerging technologies.
- Contribute to the overall growth and success of the company.
- Willing to travel internationally to visit clients.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant technical subject such as physics, engineering or electronics, OR, a relevant BBA in management, economics, finance, business administration or similar, or have the equivalent experience.
- Proven business development experience in consulting or a related field.
- A proven track record of successfully developing and implementing thought leadership and sales collateral strategies.
- A strong understanding of the development of new products / technologies in healthcare and life sciences.
- Extensive knowledge of one or more specific market segments within the healthcare and life sciences sectors.
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to engage with colleagues on all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, technically credible and business aware.
- Confidence and ability to open a dialogue with senior managers and R&D leaders including Executive level.
- Personable and empathic approach to building and developing relationships.
- Valid passport and willingness to travel internationally.