We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. To date, we have raised over $37 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Director of R&D to work closely with the CSO on a diverse and exciting portfolio of projects to target cell reprogramming in vivo and to generate cell therapies. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success and patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Lead, motivate and inspire the R&D team to perform exceptionally,
- Contribute effectively to the strategic direction of research in line with Mogrify’s objectives,
- Ensures the team delivers results of the highest quality, to time and within budget,
- Engage with external collaborators and key opinion leaders,
- Scientifically lead new business efforts, working alongside the business development and leadership teams,
- Demonstrate positive leadership qualities, mentor junior scientists, and foster a collaborative team environment; model desired values and behaviors, including quality, integrity, respect, and personal accountability.
- A PhD in biology plus significant (>7 years) industry experience with proven track record of value creation.
- Experienced in leading cell and gene therapy OR drug discovery projects from concept stage, through validation to a product/candidate molecule, setting strategy, engaged in governance and managed resources and timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking to issues and then drive them to an appropriate resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to identify innovative scientific opportunities.
- In-depth knowledge in a particular disease area or cell type relevant to cell and therapy applications such as Ophthalmology, Immunology, Barrier function or Fibrosis.
- Expertise using physiologically relevant in vitro models, application of in vivo models for target validation and translational research.
- Experienced in building and leading teams, developing talent and empowering accomplished scientists.
- Ability to expand thinking through curiosity, critical thinking and questioning.
- Track record of collaboration.
- High mental and people agility
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and information in clear and simple terms.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Contributory pension (8%)
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you.