The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation with a heritage that spans over 175 years and we have an ambitious vision for the future. Around the world, we invest in educating future generations of scientists. We raise and maintain standards. We partner with industry and academia, promoting collaboration and innovation. We advise governments on policy, and we promote the talent, information and ideas that lead to great advances in science.
We provide advice, resources, and practical support to learners and educators in schools, colleges, and universities around the world. In the UK, we are the largest non-governmental funder of chemistry education and we influence government policy to ensure that opportunities to develop skills meet the unique needs of chemistry.
As our Education Executive (Scholarship Scheme), you will work with teams across the RSC, and will project manage the delivery of our Initial Teacher Training scholarship scheme (including activities relating to recruitment and a scholar support package) for trainee chemistry teachers, which we administer on behalf of the Department for Education in England.
We are looking for:
- A good understanding of secondary school chemistry education and initial teacher training routes in England
- Customer focussed approach with excellent interpersonal skills and experience of proactively dealing with customer queries and solving issues
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise work and good attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills (including but not limited to MS Excel and Zoom) and experience of organising online events or meetings
- Experience of managing externally funded projects and managing contractors
- A teaching qualification and / or teaching experience
- A degree in chemical science or a related science degree or equivalent
The contractual base for this role is Cambridge or London, however we are currently piloting hybrid working, and you may be able to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role, and that longer-term working arrangements away from the office may not be agreed in the future.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date.
Download the full job description here.