Arm is seeking experienced and highly motivated engineering manager to join our Agile Software development team delivering key components for the next generation Mali™ products. We work closely with the multi-disciplined engineering teams across Arm's design centres, being in constant collaboration with both product and project managers, software and hardware engineers as well as architects.
Leading a team working on Mali™ user-space graphics driver and related components which seamlessly interoperate with the graphics stacks of Android and Linux. Technology you will work on include Khronos Vulkan and EGL APIs, the Android and Linux Operating Systems. You will get an outstanding view into modern graphics rendering pipelines and influence the implementation for billions of devices.
- Line management, technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to team of highly skilled engineers.
- Working with your team to plan, schedule and deliver team commitments.
- Establishing good practices in all phases of software development - including design, implementation, testing, code review and documentation.
- Collaborate with product owner, project managers, architects and other software teams to interface driver components.
- Involve in design and code reviews for other team members and contribute to high quality code for user-space part of driver stack.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Experience as team leader with strong people leadership skills in multinational environment.
- Experience in driving and coordinating projects across multi-site teams.
- Experience in developing software in C/C++ language and for Linux, Android or similar operating systems.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Khronos OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan and/or EGL experience.
- Knowledge of the graphics stack on any major operating system.
- Experience of driver or HAL development.
- Experience with standard GNU/Linux tool chain, shells, version control, scripting languages and build systems.
In return you will get to influence the direction of our Mali and Immortalis GPU product lines, learn about the latest GPU and graphics technologies, utilise your engineering skills to build support for the technologies and influence millions of devices for years to come. You will be able to drive and bring your ideas to a wider group of our leading experts, build your technical leadership and influencing skills and build towards becoming an established and recognised leader within the existing team. The GPU product line provides a rich roadmap in different domains and allows you to experience the demands from diverse use cases.