Macclesfield (UK), Gartuna (Sweden), Wilmington (USA) & Gaithersburg (USA)
Date open: 09/11/2023
Date close: 20/11/2023
Work on multiple projects, while partnering with knowledgeable colleagues across multiple business functions. Be exposed to new ways of thinking, helping us to grow collectively and as individuals. This is a place where you will feel included in the conversation – every voice is heard and matters.
The Capacity & Inventory manager will be accountable for the Tactical and Strategic Capacity processes within ESM, ensuring they are fit for purpose. They will also coordinate the execution of business inventory initiatives to meet saving targets and optimisation of our supply chains within the External Supply & Manufacturing organisation.
As part of the Capacity responsibilities, the role will be responsible for participating in the Tier 4 & 5 Reviews for Capacity within ESM. They will also support and coordinate continuous improvement initiatives related to capacity, working with key internal stakeholders in ESM and GSC&S (NOLs, EOL/Ms, HOTs, NSP Leads)
As part of the Inventory responsibilities, the role will be responsible for ensuring alignment on inventory assumptions and improvement targets set by Global Network planning. The Inventory Lead will work with GSC&S (Global Inventory Lead, NSPs, NSP Leads) and stakeholders in ESM (NOLs, EOL/M’s) to identify potential inventory savings opportunities and optimisation across the ESM supplier base. The role will also support ESM and Network Supply Planning stakeholders with inventory tracking and monitoring where required.
Reporting into one of the Network Optimisation Leads within ESM, this role will also lead other Optimisation activities as required in support of ESM 2025 goals.
- Owning, driving and improving the Tactical and Strategic external capacity processes within ESM.
- Coordinating and performing capacity and inventory analysis, assumptions and scenario planning
- Driving and improving inventory outcomes for ESM in line with the overall Global Supply Network Planning Inventory targets to support our Sustainability agenda to reduce waste and maximise sustainable access to products
- Ensuring alignment between ESM and global functions such as Procurement and Supply Chain relating to capacity and inventory planning
- Support Supply Teams within ESM to deliver against capacity and inventory targets with their suppliers
- Coordination of continuous improvement projects focused on capacity, productivity, lead-time improvement with suppliers
- Leadership of Optimisation initiatives on behalf of Supply Optimisation
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in Supply Chain Environment (Manufacturing, Planning) and Supply & Operations Planning process
- Advanced supply chain (inventory, capacity and network) planning skills
- Digital savvy (data & system minded)
- Operational Experience with ERP/APS systems
- Inventory management & modelling
- Understanding of supply chain planning parameters, master data and master data integrity & quality.
- Experience in collaboration with the key interfaces within the end to end supply chain, with manufacturing and between supply chain and commercial functions – experience working with third party suppliers would be a bonus.
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills required to manage a multitude of customers and stakeholders, both internal and external to AZ.
- Experience in managing and developing solutions for supply chain events.
- Proficient in using key Lean Tools
- A degree or equivalent in Business, Logistics, Sciences or Engineering is preferred, equivalent experience will be taken into account.
- APICS / CSCP or equivalent certification
- Lean certification
- Understanding of and contributing to an S&OP process.
- Commercial experience
- Leadership experience
- Project management experience
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being an outstanding Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and spark your high-reaching spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and partnership, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table, Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Competitive salary and benefits.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.