Location: Pancras Square
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Do you have expertise in and passion for Real World Evidence (RWE)? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Medical and Scientific Affairs in a company that follows science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
A critical part of AstraZeneca’s success, we provide input across the whole product lifecycle – from advising on Research & Development investment decisions to leading pre-launch scientific efforts and accelerating evidence-based healthcare changes in the real world.
As a growing field, our work in the Evidence team is interesting – building innovative data projects from scratch, working on a combination of disease areas and securing the UK as an evidence generation leader.
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as cultivate greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
What you'll do
The RWE Manager will be responsible in delivering evidence through implementation of innovative data solutions, including leading data partnerships with the NHS, developing novel analytical tools and platforms and supporting market access and population health activities aligned to the Practice Change at Scale agenda.
The ideal candidate would have vast experience working with NHS Data (from primary and secondary care) and public health data and have a strong understanding of NHS organisational structures and patient pathways, and be able to work collaboratively with the stakeholders.
Be part of a global, winning team filled with the smartest minds. Our diversity is our strength, it reflects the variety of patients we serve. We strive to create a place where everyone is empowered to speak up and share ideas, and we welcome alternative perspectives to push our thinking further, together.
- Lead and advise on the data and technical aspects of practice-changing partnerships
- Understand the strategic requirements of AstraZeneca UK business units to be able to identify and deliver novel solutions and to communicate and plan resource and projects appropriately
- Contribute to brand and medical planning through cross-functional activities and engagement
- Project manage and co-ordinate the delivery of data solutions with the internal cross-functional team
- Work with external software or service providers (where necessary) to deliver data solutions
- Work with external partners and AZ regional account teams to implement data solutions, acting as the technical liaison between AZ and NHS analytics teams and data providers
Essential for this role
- Degree in relevant life sciences or data-related subject (e.g. epidemiology, bioinformatics, health economics etc)
- Strong knowledge of UK electronic health data sources, software and systems in primary and secondary care
- Understanding of Healthcare system, NHS environment, commissioning and clinical pathways
- Detail focussed with high degree of accuracy
- Track record of managing and delivering data solutions
- Evidence of team working and personal accountability
Desirable for this role
- Qualification in statistics or biostatistics
- Experience with designing GP system data extraction queries (Miquest queries, Read codes, Snomed codes etc)
- Pharma experience
- Experience in AZ core therapy areas CVRM, RIA and oncology
- Project management experience
- Strategic and operational planning
At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.