Are you looking for an exciting and varied Executive Assistant role within an inspiring, world-leading organisation? Do you want to contribute to our mission to create a more sustainable economy?
The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) is a globally influential institute within the University of Cambridge working on a mission to develop leadership and solutions towards a sustainable economy. More information can be found at https://www.cisl.cam.ac.uk/about.
This exciting role is an opportunity for an energetic and professional Executive Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to two Executive Directors of CISL (Chief Systems Change Officer and Chief Innovation Officer) and the wider Senior Leadership Team. You will have considerable external impact due to your frequent and extensive contact with the offices of senior business, political and policy leaders, potential clients, funders and senior leaders of partner organisations and will often be their main point of contact with CISL. The quality of your communications and the level of efficiency you demonstrate in arranging and following up meetings are likely to be taken as indicators of the way in which CISL conducts its business and the quality of service it provides. You will be supported by an Administrative Assistant, who you will line manage.
You will be required to build relationships and communicate with senior stakeholders, and the staff within CISL. You will thrive at juggling complex diaries, responding quickly to changing needs and using your initiative to proactively make decisions.
Applicants must be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work and will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Significant previous experience working as an Executive Assistant to a Senior Executive in a commercial environment.
- Experience of developing/ reviewing administrative processes and systems.
- Ability to meet the requirements of a dynamic and often complex workload, with changing priorities and many interruptions.
- Highly competent in standard software packages, e.g. Word, Excel, Access and Outlook. Experience of CRM systems would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills including written English and grammar skills to regularly draft correspondence.
- The capacity to build relationships with the offices of senior leaders in the public, private and not for profit sectors nationally and internationally.
- Confident and proactive, able to work using own judgement and initiative to make decisions on behalf of the Director where appropriate.
- Discretion and diplomacy in dealing with confidential information, sensitive issues and high-profile contacts is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience managing projects, preparing preliminary research for reports, presentations and fundraising proposals.
What you'll receive:
- 36 days annual leave (inc bank holidays)
- Working 36.5 hours per week, flexible/hybrid/part time working considered
- Excellent benefits including a generous pension scheme, discount portal, cycle to work scheme, access to the university accommodation service, employee assistance programme, family friendly policies along with many more.
- Extensive development opportunities
This post is permanent, full-time and located in Cambridge.
We welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for part-time working or other flexible working arrangements.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact Recruitment@cisl.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference EN37221 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.