KEY RESPONSIBILIITES AND TASKS
- Lead a team of Engineers and Technicians to ensure Paragraf’s equipment and facilities are installed and operating with best-in-class performance, consistency, and quality.
- To deliver a robust programme of planned preventative maintenance of critical equipment including material deposition, processing, and test equipment.
- Implement and manage robust equipment monitoring processes, using data driven decision making to drive optimum equipment performance and reliability, guaranteeing fit-for-purpose consistency to improve yield and experimental confidence.
- Drive continuous improvement through analysis of performance and implementation of upgraded equipment and/or processes to drive up key operational metrics.
- Take the lead in resolving equipment operating issues through collaborative troubleshooting, solution identification and rapid rectification.
- Manage the implementation of new equipment as Paragraf expands capacity and capability, liaising with equipment manufacturers and support partners to resolve issues and keep equipment optimised.
- Always take responsibility for maintaining safe working practices, including the implementation of safe systems of work and full legislative compliance.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical/engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer advantageous
- Significant experience of working at a similar level within a high-technology manufacturing or research and development environment – experience of semiconductor facilities and a detailed working knowledge of deposition equipment such as MOCVD, ALD, CVD, vacuum and gas supply systems a significant advantage.
- Experience of building teams and training staff in technically challenging processes and concepts.
Skills and knowledge:
- Ideally knowledgeable in principle of semiconductor equipment operation, including ultra-high purity gas control systems, pneumatics, vacuum systems, pumps, control electronics, safety systems etc.
- Able to continuously improve Operational Equipment Effectiveness by analysing performance and implementing effective preventative maintenance.
- Experienced in use of SPC, FMEA, 8D, DoE and lean 6sigma manufacturing approaches within the operations environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively to troubleshoot issues, identify root causes and derive effective solutions to minimise downtime.
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to contribute ideas, effectively communicate technical information, and develop your team to improve their skills and knowledge.
- A team player with a proactive and flexible approach with the ability to handle technical and time pressured challenges calmly and effectively.
- Tenacious, hands-on approach to tasks & problem solving, with a diligent and methodical approach to work, and an ability to prioritise tasks and workload across multiple projects.
- Committed to comply with all relevant company health and safety policies and always taking responsibility for maintaining safe working practices.
- An enthusiastic approach to contribute toward the growth of an exciting new company, sharing your experience and applying it to new and novel processes at the leading edge of material technology.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal and external contacts
- Motivated to develop and train your team by sharing experience and leading by example.
- Ability to present information clearly and appropriately for the audience.
- Respect and adherence to confidentiality and critical matters
- UK Driving licence