CCDC’s data and software solutions are at the forefront of technology and life sciences convergence; helping scientists across the world to design the next generation of drugs and advanced materials. Based in the UK and able to travel to key client sites, the Field Application Specialist will support CCDC’s growth by working with the sales and science teams to develop relationships with scientific and technical decision makers to rapidly qualify and close sales opportunities. The Field Applications Specialist ensures effective communication coordinating sales, scientific and technical resources in response to customer requirements. The Field Applications Specialists develops and maintains tools such as product demonstrations to support scientific engagement with customers. The Field Applications Specialist reports to the Discovery Science Team Leader overseen by the sales enablement manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and contact prospective users, uncover their needs and demonstrate the utility of our software in their cases
- Maintain contact with existing users, responding effectively to queries to promote account retention and renewal
- Build and maintain assets to support the customer engagement process
- Deliver demonstrations and presentations on CCDC solutions at prospective user sites and conferences
- Support customer onboarding and ongoing customer relationships
- Identify additional opportunities for the CCDC’s database, software and services
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in biological or chemical science, ideally with knowledge in drug discovery and have excellent communication, presentation and customer skills. We are looking for someone with the ability to engage well with users and with an understanding of the market in which the CCDC operates. Whilst much of the process can be managed remotely the candidate must be willing to undertake international travel.
For further details on this exciting opportunity, please see the full Job Description and Person Specification as detailed on the Careers page of the CCDC website.