Main duties and responsibilities of the role;
- Preparing VAT returns including checks and corrections as appropriate.
- Management of the trading subsidiary; bank reconciliation, stock journals, transfer of donation income to the charity, reconciliation of sales reports to PayPal account.
- Management and administration of small Joint Venture company; payments, bank reconciliations, journal postings and administrative tasks.
- Assistance with audit and preparation of year end information
- Investigation of new issues e.g., identification of new income streams and consideration of any VAT or trading implications as well as setting up processes to ensure information is reconciled and communicated to/from other teams efficiently.
- Submission of supplementary Gift Aid returns, and monitoring of income received against these. Reconciliation of the main Gift Aid claim imported from the CRM system to HMRC remittances and banked amounts. Liaising with the Data team regarding any discrepancies.
- Management and administration of PayPal accounts; reconciliation to other reports as appropriate, posting of fees and investigation of differences.
- Raising of sales invoices and management of trade debtors to ensure payment is received and internal stakeholders are aware of the payment status of relevant invoices.
- Preparation and posting of accruals at month end.
- Monthly reconciliation of restricted income to our fundraising and research databases.
- Advising non-finance colleagues whether proposed income streams should be treated as trading, and whether VAT will be chargeable on that income.
- Reconciliation of event registration fee income which is integrated with the CRM system (imported from CRM to the finance system automatically). Transfer of the relevant imported income from the Charity company to Trading, ensuring VAT is posted correctly and reconciliation to PayPal cash received and reports from the event site that manages entries. Investigation of any differences, working with non-finance teams to identify the problem and update the process if required to prevent future discrepancies.
- Assist the Income Officer with reconciliations similar to the event registration fee above.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checking and approving payment runs made by other team members.
- Cover and assistance for other finance team members as required, usually comprising bank reconciliations, income control account reconciliations, maintenance of various spreadsheets used to communicate information to other teams and systems, processing of invoices and payments.
- Intercompany account reconciliation
- Creating new dimension codes in Business Central on request, following and signing off the checklist to do this
- Various ad hoc tasks as requested by management.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant accountancy training or qualified by experience.
- Strong understanding of key accounting concepts such as accruals and ability to interpret this in practice.
- Experience in using a finance system to extract information or reports and post journals.
- Ability to use excel to a high standard to record, analyse and compare data.
- Experience in reconciliation work.
- Understanding of basic VAT principles.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Good communication, particularly when working out processes with other teams who may not share the same background understanding.
- Attention to detail and ability to find and correct errors using a logical approach.
- Ability to manage workload effectively and proactively identify additional controls which may be needed to ensure accuracy.
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of financial controls.
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 26th June 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 27th June 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us at email@example.com
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK:
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK