Are you ready to take the helm in shaping and maintaining the financial backbone of a prestigious institution? Able to interpret complex information and transform it into simple clear language? We're on the lookout for an adept and detail-oriented individual to fill this pivotal role to revolutionise our Financial Regulations.
Join us in our Finance Transformation journey, as we establish new ways of working using modern technology platforms and elevate our Financial Regulations to meet the needs of an ever-evolving landscape.
You will lead on the creation of an enhanced set of Financial Regulations, establishing yourself as the go-to-expert for guidance and their interpretation. This pivotal role will occupy a key position at the heart of our Financial Community. From crafting clear and comprehensive regulations to seamlessly integrating with policies and procedures, your work will be instrumental in maintaining compliance and fostering a culture of transparency and efficiency.
This is a rare opportunity, working with a wide range of stakeholders and one that will be highly regarded offering advisory support to the senior leadership team so if you are looking to make a real impact in your next role then we look forward to hearing from you.
- Can synthesise complex information into user-friendly guidance.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to work effectively with diverse stakeholder groups and build networks.
- Meticulous with strong project management skills.
Alongside these you will possess:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience in the development of regulations or a professional with experience of developing controls. Ideally gained in both commercial and Higher Education/Public Sector environments.
- A proven track record of providing financial advice to both knowledgeable leaders and non-financial staff.
The University offers an excellent benefit package including:
- 41 days annual leave, inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Defined benefits pension schemes
- Flexible working options
- Career development opportunities
- Discounts on shopping
- Rental deposit scheme
- Public transport season ticket loans
- Tax-efficient bicycle and charity-giving schemes
The Finance Division has embraced hybrid working and individuals are currently working with their team two days a week from a University site, principally Greenwich House, and three days worked remotely (for those working a standard Mon to Fri week). This arrangement is subject to change and will not form a part of the contractual terms of the role. Whilst this is a full- time position we would consider a job share arrangement from individuals who wish to be considered for part-time working or other flexible working arrangements.
Funding for this post is available for 2-year fixed term basis.
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic disclosure and a security check.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
If you would like more information about this role, informal enquiries can be directed by email to Karen Sheldon, Finance Training & Regulations Manager at Karen.Sheldon@admin.cam.ac.uk
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact a Recruitment Administrator at Finhr_recruitment@admin.cam.ac.uk.
Closing Date: 3rd March 2024
Interview Date: w/c 11th March 2024
Please quote reference AG40108 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.