Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Build first-class and long-term relationships through telephone calls and emails with our supporters to ensure they have the best fundraising experience at Alzheimer's Research UK.
- Provide central stewardship support to a remote-based team of Regional Fundraising Officers (RFOs) to ensure effective delivery of the SLF strategy and budget.
Build, manage and maintain strong relationships
- Build, manage and take responsibility for first-class and long-term relationships with prospective and current fundraisers through prompt, helpful, professional and friendly contact via telephone and email.
- Attend a variety of events to engage with and cheer on supporters including golf days, regional events, and sporting events.
- Process material requests from fundraising supporters, offering appropriate support while considering charity cost.
- Become the Central coordinator for SLF-wide activities and procedures, e.g. skydives, contactless machines and invoice processing.
- As the central point of contact for the SLF team, you will effectively and consistently spot opportunities to build networks among our fundraising community and flag these to the relevant members of the team.
- Help spot opportunities and contact supporters as part of our re-engagement process to encourage repeat fundraising.
- Build strong relationships with teams across the organisation in order to work collaboratively, allowing you to offer the best stewardship journey to our supporters.
- Keep up to date with dementia news and research developments to communicate to supporters.
- Use creativity, knowledge and opportunity to identify areas for change
What we are looking for:
- Confident working with computers.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience of working in a customer service role.
- Enthusiastic and polite telephone manner.
- Confidence in making telephone calls to new and warm individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Able to juggle multiple demands on your time and prioritise appropriately.
- A passion for wanting to deliver the best, first-class stewardship journey for our incredible supporters.
- Warm, friendly and personable.
- A professional and hard-working team player with a positive and collaborative work ethic.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to processes.
- To be agile, flexible and understanding that work priorities may change at short notice due to the nature of fundraising.
- Flexibility to work occasional unsociable hours when the role requires.
- Willingness to travel independently when required.
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £22,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 17th July 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 25th July 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK:
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK