Global Marketing Director, Global LYNPARZA & Gyn/GU Cancers Franchise
Location: Cambridge (UK) / Gaithersburg (US)
Introduction to role:
Join a place that’s working to fundamentally change the way cancer is treated. Evolving to an outcomes-based model – we go beyond treatment to shape the cancer care environment and transform the whole patient experience. We work holistically, from early diagnosis to survivorship, ensuring no patient is left behind. Each of us believes that by delivering earlier stage interventions with curative possibilities and championing the development of precision combinations, we can transform the lives of patients living with cancer across the world. Here we play a key role in driving launch and commercial effectiveness. We are focused on setting the direction and leading the business in shaping the cancer care environment and empowering care teams. Everything we do is to transform the lives of patients living with cancer. We have an exciting opportunity to work in the Global Marketing Team of the Oncology Business Unit (OBU) as a Global Commercial Director, Global Oncology DDR Franchise, responsible primarily for driving growth and maximizing commercial performance in breast cancer & above tumour within AstraZeneca.
You will lead the creation and successful execution of a breast cancer and above tumour long-term brand vision and strategy, underpinned by robust insights (customer, patient, competition/future landscape). You will achieve and exceed financial targets in partnership with Regions and cross-functional partners through leadership of the Integrated Business Team (IBT). You will also lead on creating high-impact global initiatives, in partnership with countries, regions and the IBT, to accelerate performance and overcome barriers. Lastly, you will lead the global cross functional alliance team contributing to key business challenges.
• Strong oncology background, having worked in multiple commercial roles for a large/mid-sized pharmaceutical company to drive launch and in-line performance for Oncology brands
• Proven experience and knowledge of a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payers, providers
• Effective cross- functional project leadership and influencing skills to inform, persuade and lead across markets and functions
• Enterprise attitude and focus; strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a matrixed organization with cross-functional teams across multiple regions
• Demonstrated use of insights to deliver effective marketing strategies
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in scientific or business field
• Fluency in English is essential
• Experience working in Global roles, Global marketing /commercial development experience is a plus
• Experience working in Breast, Prostate and Ovarian Cancer will be highly regarded
• Relevant advanced degree (MS, PhD, PharmD, MD or MBA)
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
At AstraZeneca, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, enabling us to proactively take initiatives, speak up and see first-hand the difference we've made. We are trusted and empowered to be creative, solving problems by taking risks with science as our guardrail. We embrace continuous change and improvement, encouraged to think differently and develop game changing ideas.
Natural leaders, we are focused on showcasing the right behaviours in everything we do to inspire and empower others. Build the next wave of Oncology. We are fundamentally changing the way cancer is treated through innovation.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today and join us in transforming the lives of patients living with cancer across the world!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.