Global Procurement Manager - Laboratory Consumables
Cambridge (UK) Gothenburg (Sweden)
Open date 25/01/2024
Close date 08/02/2024
We believe in diverse minds coming together to build the best solutions. As an integral part of the Procurement team, we are a home for varied experts, talent and skills, continuously sharing our knowledge from across different fields. It’s a space that encourages speaking up, listening to others and exchanging ideas.
Do you have a passion for Procurement? Would you like join an award-winning procurement team supporting R&D and Operations across the globe in one of the World’s leading pharmaceutical companies?
In the Laboratory Services team, you will apply your expertise to Laboratory Consumables, the management of strategic relationships with major vendors and be a leading player in advancing AZ’s sustainability ambitions. If you thrive in an environment of innovation and change in a fast-growing organisation, then this could be the role for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than just one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Your voice counts: different experiences, backgrounds and ways of working are respected here. United by curiosity, we share insights to challenge conventions. By collaborating and innovating with each other, our stakeholders and our suppliers, we are crafting the most competitive supplier ecosystem.
This role has a global remit and is accountable for the Laboratory Consumables and PPE category. As a member of the Research and Development procurement organization, you will work as part of the Laboratory Services team supporting, in particular, the R&D and QA/QC facilities in AstraZeneca.
The role focuses on the development and deployment of global category strategies and initiatives, leading our major supplier relationships, developing deeper relationships with the scientific community and scientific support teams through effective business partnering, and growing the category influence globally.
- Develop long term strategic plans for the entire spend area within AstraZeneca.
- Ensure a fully coordinated and customer-aligned AZ-wide category plan.
- Manage customer and supplier relationships to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Oversee implementation of category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver value in accordance with the strategic plans.
- Strategic relationship management (stakeholder and supplier) to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Leading the implementation of sustainability initiatives with vendors.
- Leading complex contractual and commercial negotiations.
- Collaborating with the Global Buying Channel Support (GBCS) team to ensure effective use of preferred supplier base, spend under contract and improving procurement efficiencies.
Essential for the role:
- -Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- -Significant experience in a procurement environment
- -Significant experience of Category Management
- -Project management, change management and people leadership skills
- -Solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry / or related industries
- -Strong communication skills and ability to influence others
- -Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you. Please include your CV and a Cover Letter detailing your motivations in applying for the role and your suitability, ensuring that you include the subjects and grades of any qualifications achieved.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development!
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.