You'll join a multifaceted, collaborative and highly motivated Agile software development team working with next generation Mali™ mobile GPUs.
Developing with the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions and crafting the technologies that the mobile market will see in years to come. This inclusive multinational development team is located in Cambridge, the technological centre of the UK.
The GPU group writes the layer of the driver that implements the popular GPU compute APIs, such as OpenCL and Vulkan which provide massively parallel execution of general purpose code on GPUs. Our many customers have performance-critical GPU compute use cases that include machine learning (ML), image processing & computer vision (CV), video encoding and decoding. Mobile devices are highly constrained environments, and our challenge is to provide this sophisticated functionality, while improving both dependability and efficiency.
Performance analysis and optimization investigations of various benchmarks, analysing the results and identifying optimisation opportunities in the driver, compiler, and hardware architecture. New benchmarks and technologies will be added and evaluated for competitive performance comparisons. The team also assesses the performance of future GPUs for the latest use cases. You will work in a Linux environment, working on Arm-based targets including models, FPGAs and silicon from our partner companies (thereby covering past, present and future generations of our designs). As a member of an Agile team, you will have the chance to try your hand at different aspects of our work. Engineers grow their expertise through in-house and externally hosted training, and through peer code reviews. You will be working closely together with our community of engineering teams across Arm’s European design centres.
What will I be accountable for?
- Participating in all phases of software development – including design, implementation, testing, code review and documentation.
- Developing a long term roadmap that's aligned to the organisations needs.
- Engaging with the rest of the team for investigation, estimation and planning purposes.
- Developing and documenting processes.
- Leading interviews with support from other team members.
- Mentoring team members and supporting them in their long term development.
- Test and analyse the functionality and performance of workloads on Arm Mali™ GPUs using numerous platforms.
- Promoting and demonstrate the Arm core beliefs and behaviours.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Proven leadership experience in a global business, providing technical direction and mentoring.
- Excellent interpersonal team-working skills, self-motivated and results focused.
- Well organised, effective at recruiting, building strong teams and developing talent.
- High level programming experience in C/C++ and scripting languages.
- A proven understanding of embedded hardware architectures and software engineering development practices.
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging with a practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Experience with Agile development processes, specifically Scrum.
- Experience of OpenCL, CUDA, or Vulkan.
- Knowledge of software optimisation, profiling and instrumentation techniques.
- Experience developing software for Linux or Android based systems.
- Experience with data analysis and statistics.
- Experience in crafting, design and test specifications and in the creation and maintenance of test suites.
You will get to influence the direction of our Mali and Immortalis GPU product lines, learn about the latest GPU technologies, utilise your engineering skills to support the technologies and influence millions of devices for years to come. You will be able to drive and bring your ideas to a wider group of our leading experts, build your technical leadership and influencing skills and build towards becoming an established and recognised authority within the existing team. The GPU product line provides a rich roadmap in different domains and allows you to experience the demands from diverse use cases.