Arm is seeking highly skilled and motivated engineers to join our Agile driver development team producing key components for the next generation Mali™ products. We work closely with the multi-disciplined engineering teams across Arm's European design centres, being in constant contact with both Software and Hardware engineers as well as Architects.
Designing, developing, maintaining and improving existing instrumentation framework and tools. You will gain an inside view into the designs and workings of a modern GPU hardware and software system and then use that knowledge to build flexible frameworks to enable a diverse range of users to monitor and improve system performance. Your contributions will influence the implementation for billions of devices.
Participating in all phases of development of the software including design, implementation, debugging, estimating and breaking down tasks, testing and documentation.
Performing design and code reviews for other team members.
Working closely with other HW and SW teams for interfacing and integrating with other components.
Understanding the requirements of other teams and inventing creative solutions to meet them.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Excellent team working skills, drive, self-motivation and focus on results.
- Demonstrable experience in C/C++ programming.
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience of version control and bug tracking
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Experience of line management and/or team leadership.
- Understanding of embedded systems and computer architecture.
- Exposure to Object Oriented Programming, ideally in Python.
- Knowledge of OpenGL ES and Vulkan APIs.
- Proficiency in profiling and optimisation techniques.
- Insight into the workings of the GPU graphics pipeline.
- An understanding of Linux or Android.
In return, you will influence, support, and contribute to our next generation of Mali and Immortalis GPUs, making your mark on millions of devices for years to come. We have a consistent track record of building up expertise in people, so this is an excellent opportunity for learning new things in a friendly and collaborative environment. Join a multinational, dynamic and highly motivated software development group with great work ethics where you will enjoy the support of your colleagues while being challenged by exciting technical problems. If you like producing high quality, high performance SW and solving sophisticated technical problems, then we would love to hear from you.