Introduction to CC
We are a global team of over 800 bright, talented people – united by the ambition to turn brilliant and radical ideas into technologies, products and services that are new to the world. If you are intrigued by helping solve the world’s most complex engineering, technology and design problems, then our mission might be the one for you!
To learn more about what life is like at Cambridge Consultants, please click here: https://www.cambridgeconsultants.com/careers/life-at-cc-cambridge
We are looking for graduates or recent graduates who can start this year (2023) to design and develop embedded software to the highest possible standard. You will be part of a team developing things that will improve, or even save, someone’s life.
Each project is different, and you will get involved at all stages of the development lifecycle.
We can’t talk about everything we do, but here are some of our past projects we get excited about:
- An emergency-use ventilator, developed in just over six weeks in response to the government’s Ventilator Challenge
- A neurostimulation device allowing treatment toimprove, or even restore, someone’s ability to walk
- An autoinjector capable of delivering a wide range of drugs, while being intuitive to use and beautiful to look at
What you'll be doing
In this role you will be specifying, designing, developing and testing embedded software for complex medical systems used for a wide variety of diagnostic, surgical, implantable device, and drug delivery applications. Beyond embedded software, there is a broad range of projects requiring skills across the full software development lifecycle.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary and supportive team as many of the systems you will be working on will include electronics, optics, fluidics, robotics, and user-interface components, thus requiring an all-round engineering knowledge, attention to detail and good team-work skills.
We work using industry best practices including continuous integration, automated testing and analysis, and model based systems engineering.
What you can bring
Our successful candidate will have the desire to understand exactly how a piece of software works!
We also feel the below is essential to the role:
- A degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of C and/or C++
The following skills and experiences are advantageous, but not essential:
- Experience developing software in a regulated environment, such as medical or aerospace
- Experience developing embedded software on bare-metal and/or with an RTOSor embedded Linux
- Software verification and testing experience
- Experience with python
- Knowledge of electronics and physical interactions with software
- Signal processing, data science or AI knowledge
We need someone who, when faced with something that behaves differently to what they expect, will investigate why that behaviour occurred until they understand it. Even better, when faced with something that worked and they didn't expect it to work, will still investigate why.
Check out what Life at CC is like along with our benefits below! Life at CC - Cambridge | Cambridge Consultants
- Competitive salary reviewed annually
- Company profit share
- Generous pension
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible working hours and location
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Comprehensive insurance - Life, disability, private healthcare and travel insurance (business & leisure)
- Enhanced family leave benefit of 13 weeks full-pay parental leave for those that meet qualifying criteria
- Career development and training opportunities
- Social committee
- If travelling to Cambridge by train; Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station, through Cambridge Science Park
- Whilst in the office; Free canteen - breakfast, lunch & refreshments
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees' careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.
Diversity & Inclusion
Cambridge Consultants is a workplace where everyone is welcome. When the brightest minds come together and feel included, that’s when we develop the most important technology breakthroughs. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels involved and has a sense of belonging. We welcome and value all people regardless of their characteristics and encourage applications from all backgrounds and dimensions of society.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE READ
*This message is only for recruitment agencies, candidates please ignore*
We are now using Greenhouse ATS and no longer accept applications from recruitment agencies via the website.
Please do not submit applications via the website as they will be automatically deleted.