Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.
About the role
You will work within a technology team in an innovative and dynamic environment with cutting-edge analytical and printing equipment. You will create and characterise new ink designs, analyse the correlations between formulations and application performance. You will work with colleagues from different functions such as regulatory, operations, hardware, marketing, etc, ensuring that the new designs meet both customer and business needs in a sustainable way.
- Plan and carry out formulation, characterisation, and other experimental work to high scientific standards on the basis of robust data analysis.
- Undertake analytical work to understand the correlation between materials, formulations, and printing reliability as well as customized applications.
- Work with colleagues to deliver project plans to agreed specifications and timelines.
- Write reports and communicate your findings with other team members and colleagues.
- Develop areas of personal expertise and contribute to the group technical knowledge base for raw materials, inks.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with group health & safety, and environmental policies.
- Good quality degree or higher qualification in Chemistry or a related Science.
- Good level of written and oral English.
- Previous inkjet or formulation experience is an advantage, although not essential.
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance, and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few! We recognise that flexible homeworking can be beneficial and at Domino we want people to feel able to own the way they work. For many of us this, this might be coming into the office most days, just a couple of times a week, or perhaps fortnightly. What’s important is that we enable you get the best from us and for us to get the best from you, whether that’s from your home office or on site, as long as we continue to collaborate and enable great outcomes for our customers. We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.