We are looking for a Graduate Engineer to join our Development Systems team on 09 September 2023. The Continuous Integration team (CI) is looking for a talented individual to join the team and help in our day to day operations. We are responsible for testing developer’s code in an automated fashion prior to it being merged into our code base. We work with Git, Gerrit, and Jenkins in combination with a bespoke tool set. As part of our testing we test using “On Device Testing” (sanity) to test developer’s code against prototype phones and reference devices inside closed chambers. We also use Jira ticketing system and confluence for documentation and the team works in a mixed Agile / Scrum / Kanban environment.
Key ResponsibilitiesYour main responsibilities will include:
- Working in a mixed Linux (servers) Windows (laptops) environment
- Working on continuous integration (CI)
- Working with tools such as Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, Puppet
- Looking at on device testing and automation
- Working with hardware including test chambers, phones, access points and related connectivity
- Looking at creating dashboards, monitoring and writing web pages
Skills and ExperienceSkills and experience that you'll need:
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Ability to write code in bash, Python with Groovy being a nice bonus
- General or good understanding of Linux (Red Hat or Ubuntu) particularly the command line
- Good problem solving skills and communication skills
- A good team player
What's on Offer?Being a Graduate at Samsung This is a two year fixed-term contract with the chance for you to specialise in multiple disciplines. After your first year, there will be a transfer window. During this time, you have the opportunity to transfer to another team or department. This gives you the choice to decide what skills and knowledge you would like to develop next. We have a wide-variety of technical teams spanning hardware design, software development and testing so each year you could be working on something completely different. But, what if you already love what you’re working on? Don't worry, you have the choice to remain in your existing role.
As a Graduate at Samsung Cambridge you'll receive:
- Competitive salary with annual performance related increases
- Flexible benefits package
- One off bonus when you start with us to help you get settled-in
- Onsite canteen with a daily allowance for breakfast and lunch
- Life, travel and income protection insurances
- Hybrid working (3 days onsite each week)
- Regular social events
We know that the diversity of our team is integral to our continued success. We encourage people to apply from all backgrounds. Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in this recruitment process and we'll do our best to arrange these if needed. The spirit of Samsung is one of people. Yes, as a business, we develop ground-breaking core silicon and software technology, using the most efficient and flexible architectures, utilising remarkably advanced semiconductor manufacturing processes. Ultimately, however, we’re all about YOU. YOUR hopes, dreams and ambitions.