Hardware design and test involving STM32 microcontrollers This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled Hardware Engineer to join a Cambridge company leading sensor design.
Utilising your talent for hardware design for manufacture and test, you would make valuable contributions to important parts of the business, including: developing hardware in evaluation kits used by clients; demonstrators for marketing activities and trade shows; and hardware for in-house development projects. You would also participate in feasibility analysis for hardware solutions, providing realistic time-lines for schedules.
Essential to be considered for this role are a good degree in Engineering or similar technical subject from a well-respected university, as well as full rights to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship.
You will also need:
• Excellent knowledge and proven skill in mixed signal circuit design, including: microcontrollers; power management; analogue signal conditioning and appreciation of signal integrity; ESD protection of interface connections; serial interfaces such as USB, I2C, SPI, CAN, JTAG and one-wire; mechanical features for mounting and enclosures
• Good experience of preparing CAD designs for PCB and PCBA outsourced manufacture
• Established skills with the methods and equipment for hardware debug, design verification and bench testing, as well as excellent practical hardware skills including surface mount soldering
It would be useful if you also have:
• PCB design using KiCAD
• Experience with the STM32 family of microcontrollers
• Good knowledge of C for hardware bring-up and de-bug, and Python for scripting / programming
A good remuneration package together with a positive and supportive working environment is available to the successful engineer.
Keywords: Hardware, Analogue Electronics, C, Sensors, Python, Cambridge, STM32 Microcontrollers, CAD, PCB design. Hardware Test and Debug
Another top job from ECM, the high-tech recruitment experts.
Even if this job's not quite right, do contact us now - we may well have the ideal job for you. To discuss your requirements call ecm or email your CV. We will always ask before forwarding your CV.
Please apply (quoting ref: CN27114) only if you are eligible to live and work in the UK. By submitting your details you certify that the information you provide is accurate.