As a Hardware Engineer, you will get to tackle diverse, real-world challenges from the ground up. Typically, this will involve going through the whole product life cycle, you will capture requirements, design, develop, document, test, and deliver through to production. Awerian’s wide variety of intriguing projects, from proof-of-concept through to working prototypes, provide both intellectual and practical challenges.
You will have a track record of academic excellence, hold a relevant degree, and have proven technical capabilities including the design and development of technology solutions. You will need knowledge of interfacing to high and low speed peripherals, running simulations and testbenches and performing hardware-level debugging.
Ideally you will also have notable experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Practical experience of working on systems integration.
- Experience with circuit design and schematic capture, ideally in Altium
- Have experience of collaborating with Software Engineers on system architecture, interfaces & hardware procurement
- Harmonising conflicting system requirements using expert knowledge of component capabilities
We are keen to hear from Engineers with experience in any sector, however, experience in defence would be useful.
Awerian is no ordinary research and development consultancy. The organisation is an employee-owned business; you will work at our smart and well-equipped offices and laboratories based just outside of Cambridge. Immediately you will be encouraged to share and implement your ideas - there’s no ‘newbie’ status, and you’ll benefit from our culture of freedom.
Awerian is part of TTP Group, which is an employee-owned trust. With little hierarchy, there are no corporate hoops to jump through. This, along with our flat structure, encourages mutual support, teamwork, and innovation. It also creates unique opportunities to develop skills in project leadership and client management to keep your professional development on track.
Awerian are continuing their rapid growth plan, making this a great time to join our multi-disciplinary team. You will be part of building on our successful track record and develop your career at the cutting edge of technology. You will be supported by our team of experts. We’re a business of individuals – however, our curiosity brings us together and it drives what we do. Whether you’re leading a project or part of a team, the whole structure of Awerian is designed to help you connect, thrive, develop your expertise and career.
Joining Awerian means you’ll enjoy our fantastic employee benefits including:
- Lunch, snacks, and refreshments provided
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (of pensionable salary +3% personal contribution)
- Private medical insurance for you and your family & Life insurance
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
- Electric Vehicle leasing & Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to TTP Group social and sport clubs
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
So, if you’re ready to create the extraordinary at the forefront of UK homeland security; apply today.
You will need to be eligible for UK Security Clearance
This role is not eligible for UKVI visa sponsorship scheme
We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and will arrange interviews ASAP upon receiving suitable applications. All applicants will receive a response.
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.