Transform your career with RealVNC and join our successful, forward thinking team.
RealVNC is a highly successful, forward thinking software company based in Cambridge (UK) City Centre. With over a billion copies, VNC is a de facto standard for remote control and has been used in hundreds of different products and applications, from helpdesks to virtualization, by the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, Philips and Qualcomm. RealVNC recently won its third Queen’s Award for Enterprise in as many years and was also named as the winner of the prestigious Royal Academy of Engineering MacRobert Award.
Due to a period of on-going sustained and successful growth we are currently seeking an experienced and qualified Head of Finance to take complete responsibility and accountability for the management of the Company finance function, as well as an active wider role in growing and developing our already thriving commercial business. Reporting directly to the CEO, this role is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate looking for a challenging and rewarding role to join our senior management team. The role requires a candidate with a broad skill set and extensive experience in managing the finance function at both operational and strategic levels as well as the confidence and credibility to interact effectively as part of the wider commercial team.
The responsibilities of this role include
- Acting as a trusted advisor to the CEO and senior management team, supporting in the development of consdiered and appropiate financial strategic plans for the business and providing input on the financial implications of said plans and any wider proposed business developments
- Directing and overseeing all Company financial reporting, including responsibility for ensuring that all statutory financial obligations and other regulatory requirements are met both accurately and on time
- Delivering a strong framework of financial control and reporting, assessing current financial systems and taking the lead in managing any improvements or adjustments required
- Overseeing the preparation of annual financial plans, management accounts, cash flow forecasts, monthly financial reports and tax planning
- Taking ownership of financial performance management for the business including identifying and reporting KPI’s which support the strategic aims of the Company and drive positive actions
- Providing the CEO and senior management team with timely, informed and high quality business information and financial modelling and reporting to help support corporate decision making
- Taking an active role in strategic competitor and market analysis and reporting back to the CEO
- The management of a small team of finance professionals whose responsibilities include the management of the day to day finance operations, credit control, cash management, processing of the company payroll and pension administration
- Partnering professionally and effectively with external stakeholders, including auditors, financial institutions and business partners and acting as a credible and trusted representative of RealVNC at all times
Your skills and experience must include
- A proven track record of achievement and progression in a comparable strategic level finance role, ideally within the IT sector
- The successful candidate will be a fully qualified finance professional (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) with a relevant degree (or equivalent qualification) in a finance or business related specialism
- Proven experience of operating and influencing at senior management level, working closely with the CEO on high level strategic business decisions and proactively providing best fit solutions to drive business growth
- The ability to use initiative and creative thinking to anticipate issues and develop common sense, practical solutions which fit the needs of the business
- Significant, hands-on transactional and corporate restructuring experience
- Ability to accurately and confidently represent the company and its strategic aims and objectives to internal and external audiences, company stakeholders, clients, suppliers, business and technology partners
- A confident, motivated, professional personality and style with a focus on delivering results
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
- A genuine interest in technology and the IT sector
- Willingness to travel as required, including outside the UK
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand in a valued and rewarding senior role. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to both the seniority of the role and their qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private family dental and medical care. This is a full time post working 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday); however given the seniority of the role flexibility in working hours will be required.
How to apply
For further information or to apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter (including details of salary expectations) and copy of a recent, detailed CV quoting the reference HF by clicking apply now.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.